Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, has anyone had any successful swing arm upgrades for an 1987 GSXR 750? The current tire is extremely too skinny. It's a 185 and I'm praying to get to a 205. Minor research I found that a 07 / 06 would be the easiest. Any thoughts or concerns I should have? Has anyone pulled this off?

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,843 Posts
Since when is a 185 skinny, especially for a 750? A 205 would only be for bragging rights.

·
Currently using pedals..
2,979 Posts
I honestly wouldn't change anything, but that's just me. Are you going to be using the rim designed for the 185? Do you ride the twisties or do you just take her on over to starbucks? No disrespect intended :lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol, I hate starbucks! It's the modern day trap house. I don't do the Twisties as you put it. Dude i have never lifted the front tire on purpose. Being on my bike is my mini vacation to and from work when I can. Cruse night, easy parking n pics. No disrespect taken. I'll be the first to admit I don't push limits.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And I've heard that an 1100 wheel will fit and give me a slight wider tire. I figured I would need a new one.

·
Currently using pedals..
2,979 Posts
Hey I had starbucks purchased for me this morning :lol

Nothing wrong with any of that. The reason I asked is because when you start putting larger tires on rims designed for smaller ones, it pinches it in and changes the profile of the tire and could make it handle oddly. If you're just cruising and not hitting corners hard, I think that you'd be ok.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have pics of her but they all need resizing. I'd take a few now but she's in the shop for fluids n tune up. When I pick her up next week I was hoping to start the transformation. So before I purchase tires, chain, sproket and brakes I'd like to order it for the new set up. Riding season is here and I've got an itch.

·
Currently using pedals..
2,979 Posts
Just realized the tire on the bike is original and actually a 140... Not 180.
Oh shit, no wonder it looked small :spit :lmao

Well I hope the transformation goes smoothly! Mine will be restored while I'm in Indiana for a couple of weeks. It's been in storage and my itch needs to be scratched :fact

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
4 Participants
Beairsto Racing
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing