Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking (I think suzukiltd is too)about putting the '94 1100 banana swingarm om my RG. I have the stock 1100 shock that came with it. I'm very confident it will practicly pop right on. The shock measures 12.25".

Here are my questions...

-do I need to be aware of any gremlins for the swingarm pivot bearings?...re: the difference between them and the '86's

-does anyone know if the bolt diameters for the shock ends are similar/compatible with Kawi/Yami/Ducati shocks? If the lengths match would a other mfg shock work?

-did I miss anything?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I don't remember which post it was but I believe that you can take the spacers and sleeves of the 86 and add them to the 94's sleeves and spacers to make it work. They also said to tighten the piviot bolt to the minamum (can't spell)tork specifications. This should keep the swingarm from binding up so that the swingarm will rebound all the way.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
434 Posts
dont know about the bannana arm but I put the style just previous to the banannna arm on my 86, what you should do is measure the stock arm at full extention from the axle to some fixed point or the slope of the arm ie straight line between the axle centers and then measure up to the pivot bolt at right angles so the slope of the arm is the same. I used a 92 shock but changed the fork mount end to the eye syle and then modified the eccentric pivot in the 86 linkage and made new dogbones and yes dont over tighten the pivot bolt it will bend the frame and bind the linkage. As for the shock length the 1100 shock is longer thean the 750 shock however it will work okay biggest pain is installing the shock when the spring is on and preloaded you will find you have to back off the spring collar to be able to compress the shock about 1" so you can get it in, there is still plenty of travel in the shock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts