Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a '93 tail fairing section will bolt up to a '89 subframe? What modifications must be made? I have a Corbin seat from a '91, will this fit? Thanks.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Hte tail bolts on in the same place behind the front seat and the posts on the sides the only place thats any different is the place where the rear seat slides under the support but this is no big deal. I have lots of 91 tail parts in the for sale board.
Bones

·
Registered
176 Posts
Bones, what seat works though? Who has used a different seat? I have an '88, and also have a '94 tail section that I'm trying to fit. However, the '88 seat is so narrow that it will not cover both "sides"

Have you, or anyone, attempted to fit another year seat? Are the '93 to '95 seats wider than the '88s?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same question. I would like to put a new rearend on my 88 gsxr 750, but dont know what fits and what works. If anybody has any spare parts they would like to get rid of let me know also. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I will give my opinion here, I put a TL1000R tail on my 92 1100, however I used SharkSkinz race glass, a one piece tail unit. IMHO I think that there are plenty of options for new body provided that one doesn't want to cut and paste tail sections, the down side to using aftermarket is it gets a little pricey and it needs to be painted, up side wide varity and it's lighter.
-Karl

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
The 93-95 seat could be adapted and can be found on e-bay for about 25.00 or you can use the whold subframe. The subframe would be easy to mount to the 88 chassis just cut the stock one off and line it all up then fab the tabs on the frame. I used the 91 tail because it bolted on to the 88 chassis that I had. Now I am getting ready to cut off the subframe and mount one from a 2001 1000.
Bones

1 - 6 of 6 Posts