Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I blew a rod in my 03 Gsxr 1000, by changing the oil and not screwing the pin in tight enough and it came out while on the freeway and all the oil leaked out. I installed a working 02 Gsxr 1000 motor in my bike, which has a compatibility of 01-04, but it will not start. It turns over and acts as if it will start, but will not catch. I installed new top of the line spark plugs, installed a dealer mode switch, which gets back a code of C00 which means no fault/malfunctions. I checked for Spark, ensured the gas filter was dispensing fuel, and that fuel was getting to the plugs. Everything is plugged in properly from what i can see. When a motor is blown on the Gsxr are there any fuses that go out, or are there any plugs that need to be plugged in or not plugged in that are different from 03-02. I have tried everything i can possibly think of and cant figure it out. Please advise.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Its not that simple, swaping between 02 and 03 requires crank pickup rotor to be changed.

The crank and rotor were changed between years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the update. I thought they were completely interchangeable. So can i use the crank pickup rotor from the old engine and install on the 02 engine and how do i go about doing so?

·
Registered
340 Posts
start simple first make sure your tipover switch is connected also check your clutch switch that plugs into the handle bar assymbly.

recheck your wiring harness connections also check the fuses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello respected forum members.
I have same-kind of a issue in hand. I swapped my K2 1000 engine to K3 1000.
Must i change the crank pickup rotor or is it enough if i change k2 ecu to k3 ecu?

Today we opened up the engine and rotor change is very time consuming. It requires to open up whole engine. Much easier is to change the ECU.
Adding picture where in left is K2 rotor and in engine K3 rotor.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/20120122123736eu.jpg/

Changed the K2 ECU to K3 ECU - No spark. K2 ECU has spark, but wont start.

Finished conversion K2 to K3. Changes required to make bike working again.
1) Replace ecu (16bit vs 32bit)
2) Check and correct ignition lock wires (differences in electric schema). I will make specific notes later.
3) Make TipOver Sensor mod (http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=37762)
4) Correct R/Bi cable differences in electric schema. Required for fuel relay to work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts