Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is my deal...
i have a 01 gsxr 750 i had to swap the engin for a 03 due to the 2nd gear issue..

now i just dropped in the 03 engin and it plugged all up but i used my 01 tbs with the choke cable (been through this)
now i left all the 01 wires and computer.. the bike was sluggish i just didnt feel like ti was riding right.. it has allways a tune up and new clutchs.... so i had my boy who is a stunt rider try to wheelie my bike. now this kid is good (pro) so he was like dam it was hard to bring your shit up it was hessitant and it took alot to bring it up. so he was like did you change the computer i was like no.. he was like you should change the whole wire harness and computer.. and believe me its not really the same (alot of different shit on teh 03 harness) so i just got done swapping the whoel harness but i got fuct cause the tach and headlight harness dont match up.. i dont have the 03 harness but ill get it tomorrow thats not the question.. the question here is...... was my bike running like shit cause i didnt swap the computer, and full harness??? right now its 1 30 in the morning and i cranked it up real quick to see it it turns on it did but i turned it off real fast.. will i notice a difference.. my boy said it was running like a 600.. and i am sure that the engin in it is a 750.. lol... so will this help ? was this the problem?

·
Registered
915 Posts
switching the computers will likely help at least a little, im not sure about the TBs but there might be some difference between the '01 and '03.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea man the bike was so sluggish with no power... most people swap the 02 engin but i went to the 03 and bike was running like a 600. oh wel as soon as i get the nose wire harness ill be ridin!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hold let me say it in sign language..... i put the 03 engin in my 01 kept the 01 tbs and kept the wireharness and computer 01

the bike was not running hard.. so i swapped the wire harness, tb, and computer to 03 and now everything on my 01 is 03 so will this make the bike run better?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts