Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my hands on a pair of Marchesini wheel for 1000 K4. I want to use them on my 750 K4, are there any difference? I know that the rear wheel for the 1000 is 6" and for the 750 5,5", but that should not matter.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'd like to know too cause i have a friend of mine that may be selling his aftermarket wheels too

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did some measurements on the orignial rear wheel and the Marchesini wheel.
It seems that the sprocket on the Marchesini wheel is offset 5mm more than the sprocket on the origninal wheel. The only solution i can see is to shave of 5mm on the Marchesini sprocket carrier. The left spacer has also to be trimmed with 5mm.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Something's not right then. Are You sure it's the right wheels or spacers?

I run Marchesinis on my bike. The bike is a 750 -04 and the wheels are for R1000 01-04, bolts up perfectly and chain aligns 100%.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, the wheels comes frome a 1000R K4, same with spacers. Everything is ok on the right side, the brakedisc is in position. But I can see that the chain is not aligned.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gixxerboy55 said:
Yea thats right sprocket carrier is differant on 1k, you will need to order one from marchesini for your 750
Where do you order different Marchesini sprocket carriers. The only possible way that I can see, is to order a complete wheel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I had Marchesinis installed on an 05/750, they needed to order a new sprocket. So I'm pretty sure you need to do that at a minimum (I recall they said the MWs had a smaller sprocket carrier for reduced weight).

At the same time, to further reduce weight, I had them order Galfer rotors. But I do not think that was anything I had to do for compatibility reasons, albeit, they ordered wheels specific to my year/model.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the tips!

@ JimBellevue: I already knew I have to order a specific sprocket. Will go up 3 teeth for my track use. Got a Brembo brake cylinder for my bike so braking will go perfect. Maybe I will order them discs next year.

But maybe I can't get a Assembly-Kit, at that point I will custom-fit those wheels so I can use original-wheel sprockets

Got any pics Jim?

·
Registered
11 Posts
GixxerSteffen said:
Got any pics Jim?
Hi Steffen:

That'll be a nice setup with the Brembos. My girlfriend's bike is an Aprilia RSV R Factory, with Ohlins and Brembo (drool). It'd be a sweet bike were it not for the V-twin. The throttle response on Japanese I-4s is much nicer than twins, IMHO. Also, the things runs so effing hot you need Space Shuttle heat-shield tiles on your inner thighs any time the mercury rises above 0^o Celsius.

Gixxers rule! Everything else is a fashion statement.

But I digress; here's a link to some photos that are zoomable (requires Flash):

Rear wheel
Front wheel
Bike

Cheers,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.