Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know of any common problems with 05 SV650s?

mate just bought one, all was sweet then the battery died, now the bike is stammering and struggling to rev over 9000rpm.
he put a tank of fuel in it at the same time, we've drained it and put fresh fuel in, still doing it.

do these things have STVA problems etc?
bike isn't throwing any codes atm.

a bit about the bike, it sat around for a while before he got it, and it only has 1100km on it so it's basically brand new.

·
Administrator
14,062 Posts
Did the bike get a full service before being ridden again ???

I would start with that ... Then look more deeper if that doesn't solve it

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah its had a full service, the plugs didn't get changed but they looked perfect and the bike was running fine before the battery died.

to explain what happened.
serviced bike, drained tank, put 4L in, rode to servo, filled up, battery died while filling up, roll started bike, bike began to run rough, surging etc, drained out fresh fuel, changed stations, put another 5L in, installed new battery, bike still running rough.

before this happened bike was perfect, im beginning to think its upset a sensor with the voltage drop but i have no idea which one as no codes are coming up.

vid of idle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj-kq3ey9oI&feature=youtu.be

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorted.
the idiot didn't tighten up the earth properly.

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
least he sorted it without me having to drive an hour to his place to fix it for him.
on the not so lucky side, the bike also got knocked over when it was parked, on the first proper ride. damaged the exhaust, tank, handle bars & bar ends. he's pretty pissed.

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hes usually the complete opposite lol
dunno how he has managed to get away so cleanly so far! lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.