Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i love the way the sv 650 handles and positions for the ride and feel the 1000 feel s better bieng lower , but my question is what is the top speed for the 1000 because i'm looking to trade in for the 1k , who can tell me what the max speed is around.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would hope that there is some other criteria to choosing a new bike other than top speed (which you'll rarely see). I have owned both the 650 and the 1000. I never topped out on the 1000 but I'd assume it's safe to say you'd be looking at a top speed of 145-150. Of course you'll get a speedometer indicated speed in the 160's but you won't really go that fast. You could check out a couple of the SV boards like SVRider and I bet you could do a search for top speed.

The biggest difference between the 650 and any liter twin (SV1000, TLR/S, RC51) is going to be overall power and weight. The 650 handles exceptionally well given it's light weight. The liter twins will give up a little in handling but are way more powerful from the low end all the way to the top.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
I personally know that the 650 tops out at 124 mph indicated. But that is leaned over in a turn, where as the actual road speed is indicated slightly higher.
And that's plenty fast, and not a reason in itself to "upgrade" from such a great bike handling, all-around bike.
What exactly are you asking? You want to upgrade to an SV1000 or a GSXR1000?

·
Registered
150 Posts
av_fan said:
I personally know that the 650 tops out at 124 mph indicated. But that is leaned over in a turn, where as the actual road speed is indicated slightly higher.
And that's plenty fast, and not a reason in itself to "upgrade" from such a great bike handling, all-around bike.
What exactly are you asking? You want to upgrade to an SV1000 or a GSXR1000?
Yeah, straight line the 650 will indicate higher than 124. Probably more in the neighborhood of 130-135. And again, that's indicated.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
ChibbMD said:
Yeah, straight line the 650 will indicate higher than 124. Probably more in the neighborhood of 130-135. And again, that's indicated.
Yeah. It was also in HARD PULL out of a huge sweeper. You know, when the needle is bouncing off of redline. :thumbup

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx for the input fellas , i've actually taken the phucker to 153, not enough road to fully max it out , but probably wouldnt go past 155, i'm a speed freak and rode with some friends and they maxed out like 180 something , but they had r1's and gixxer 1000, but those bikes are too much brand new, i guess i don't need that much power , the reason for my question is because i know i want the sv 1000 , and i want to keep up with them and not get completely left behind, but if thats still going to be the case, then so be it , the 1000 is a great bike and still going to get it , pretty good all around bike for good price

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and oh by the way , whats with this fuggn' squid title with my name, do i have to wait 1 year per green block to become a veteran or what?! , or can i just attach some clips of me doing wheelies and stoppies and i get promoted?, haha

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
dante .. dont worrie about keeping up with your friends , just buy the SV650 and wait for them after the twisties , if your from florida or somewhere that doesn´t have turns then i wouldn´t buy a bike .

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
dante210 said:
and oh by the way , whats with this fuggn' squid title with my name, do i have to wait 1 year per green block to become a veteran or what?! , or can i just attach some clips of me doing wheelies and stoppies and i get promoted?, haha
the title changes as you post more .. after 100 posts or so .. you get somethign else ..

il give you mine if you want ? :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.