Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Change the title...........SPOILERS SUCK!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Why would someone do this, asshat!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks asshat............Some people might actually want to watch the race without knowing who won first.

·
Registered
919 Posts
not me - thanks for the update.

if i ever see my guys fallin back in the pack, i like knowing in my heart that they do come back to win it... makes me feel all warm inside, u know?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
All suzuki podium finish Mat Mladin wins yates and spies share the podium. More info later
Just as I had predicted

Mat Mladin led a Yoshimura Suzuki one-two-three at the Barber Motorsports Park today, the Australian pulling away by over 10 seconds before slowing the pace at the end to win by 7.3 seconds.

Behind him came two more Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000s, the first ridden by Aaron Yates and the second with young Ben Spies at the controls. Yates rode alone in second place for most of the race before being caught by Spies in the closing stages of the race.

Fourth place went to Ducati Austin's Neil Hodgson, the Brit in a war with Spies for the majority of the race until the Texan found a way past on the 24th of 28 laps. After losing touch with Spies, Hodgson maintained his pace to the finish, ending up a few seconds clear of Miguel Duhamel - the first and only of the factory Hondas to make it to the finish.

Behind Duhamel came Jordan Motorsports Suzuki's Jason Pridmore, the veteran getting the best of a intrateam battle with Steve Rapp for sixth place. Rapp finished seventh, clear of Ducati Austin's Eric Bostrom, the Californian in the battle with the two Jordan bikes for the majority of the race.

Team M4 EMGO Suzuki's Vincent Haskovec and Mladin Motorsports' Marty Craggill rounded out the top 10 finishers.

Notable non-finishers included American Honda's Jake Zemke, who went out of the race on the 11th lap with mechanical problems, Erion Honda's Kurtis Roberts and Attack Kawasaki's Josh Hayes.

Mladin's win keeps him perfect on the season with two pole positions and two race wins.

Superbike Final

1. Mat Mladin (Suzuki)
2. Aaron Yates (Suzuki)
3. Ben Spies (Suzuki)
4. Neil Hodgson (Ducati)
5. Miguel Duhamel (Honda)
6. Jason Pridmore (Suzuki)
7. Steve Rapp (Suzuki)
8. Eric Bostrom (Ducati)
9. Vincent Haskovec (Suzuki)
10. Marty Craggill (Suzuki)

Not a Kawi in sight, LOL

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Nice fucknut, I had planned on watching both races tomorrow without looking at the results beforehand. Dumbass.

·
Registered
362 Posts
shit it was obvious from the start who would win. the race was for third with spies and hodgeson. wait for the fx race... that was exciting, at least at the end!!! should have been there.

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
My girlfriend and I watched the races on speed channel. By the way, my girlfriend almost got mad at me, because I couldn't keep my mouth shut!!!

Let me tell ya, Matt Malidin, along with the new K5 are unbeatable.
The best rider, on the best machine. No contest. I felt sorry for the other riders on the other bikes. I would have liked to seen Duhamel on K5. Everybody could plainly see how inferior the other bikes were. The duc people must be really smarting over how their high price, high matinance machine faired against the K5, in which you can buy three K5s for the price of one of those Duc R machine.
In fact, all of them should have been on K5s. Just like NASCAR does, put them all in one identical machines. Then we would have had a race.

Clearly, the K5 has shown it dominance, and this was the first outting. I hate to see what happens when they really fine tune the K5. I wouldn't be suprise if they started reshaping the race track or weigh the K5 down with extra wieght..

·
Registered
327 Posts
I watched the races also. After the first race, I saw how dominant the new K5 was. If Mat Malidin keeps this up there will be another title for suzuki. While watching the second race, Mat was already in the lead and running the race by himself. I thought that the best race was between Ben Spies and Miguel Duhamel. That kid is going to be nice when he gets a little more experience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.