Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI.. This guy is full of shit... The 00 600 did not come with a damper...

John

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by cr500:
the freak comes through again
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thank you Thank you.. LOL

FYI the 600 didnt get a damper untill 01... But that looks like it might fit the 01 and newer.. I am not sure since I have not seen them first hand yet.. Only on my 99 750...

John

·
Registered
127 Posts
I found a suzuki steering damper on ebay for like 25 bucks. Seller says it's in "excellent working condition". I don't know jack about this damper so can some one tell me:
1. Does this require a kit to mount, or does it mount as is.
2. Does this look like it's in good condition?
3. Do you smell something fishy?
Here is the ad.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1872759012

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Those oem ones are crap.
Do yourself a favor save up the money and get a Scotts, Ohlins or Hyperpro top mount.

I got a Hyperpro one on my 98

jontflesh

[ 11-15-2002, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Jon T. Flesh ]

·
Registered
751 Posts
Well I don't agree. I don't feel the "stock" damper is crap. For my street 02 750 it works just great takes the jitters off the hairy situations and didn't cost me a dime. For street use, or racing for that matter..who actually adjusts the thing once they find the setting they like anyhow?

NO the 2000 600 didn't have one (I race a 2000)
No it won't mount up, you will need a fork clamp and a tab welded to your lower triple.

For street use I would not spend the $350 or more as some people do. I would just buy a nice simple one that accomplishes the job.

For racing a nice ajustable one is the answer.

Always get a top mount, so it wont get destroyed when you crash.

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
that damper is from the gen2 srad's, and not the first gen srad's. It wont bolt to the 98-99 750's anyway.........

i have the exact one sitting on my shelf next to other useless items: fanblade, fr signals, etc....

esemes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts