Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, do anybody know how to disassembly RG 500 rear shock to renovate it? It is bit different from other shocks and I did not found any info how to do it. Can you help me please?

Thanks,

Vaclav, Czech republic.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I have a Genuine Suzuki RG500G factory manual from when I had my Gamma...I will try to find it and if I do,I will look up the info&post it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Genuine Suzuki RG500G factory manual from when I had my Gamma...I will try to find it and if I do,I will look up the info&post it
Thank you for your offer. I have downloaded some RG 500 manual already. But there is no info how to do it. I found also some pictures with already dissasembled shock and tryed to contact the people but got no answer. Looking forward for your help.:thumbup

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome--post pics of your "Gamma" with a backdrop of your beautiful country!

Ed
Hi Ed,

my bike is completly dissasembled and ready to renovate. Will post some pictures. :) Also some pictures of city and countryside where I live.

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
Hi Ed,

my bike is completly dissasembled and ready to renovate. Will post some pictures. :) Also some pictures of city and countryside where I live.
Hey faza79,

Take your time with the fotos...I'm currently tryna finish my first valve adjustment. I have to re-do them because it's not idling very well.

My home is on the east coast (Delaware) but I'm currently working in New Mexico. Here's the road in front of the Apartment I'm staying with the mountains in the backdrop:

Here's some pics of removal of key components:

Good luck with your build.

Ed

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
Hey faza,

Hurry up and finish (I'm kidding).

I'm really stoked because my valve adjustment to .005 turned out GREAT!

It's friggen freezing here in south New Mexico but I still went out for a ride.

Here's a pic of the mountainside view before getting to Cloud Croft, New Mexico.

Looking forward to your pics man!

Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts