Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just cut one open and not impresses with the internals, looks to be the same construction as the old frams :piss which were pure crap, paper end caps that can come loose. Also made in china, been using Hi-flow for the past 20+ years and will defiantly be staying with those.

Attachments

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,653 Posts
This is one of those never-ending topics. I thought that the Suzuki filter was now the 16510-07J00. Don't know how it's different from earlier. I think it's made by Wako Filter Technology Co. What reviews I'd seen indicated that it was of average quality. Aren't the Hi-Flo's (who also make the K&N filter) made in Thailand? I generally think well of the Mobil-1 M1MC-133, though it's also made in China.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just looked at a Hi-flow box, sez it made in Kent England and Atlanta Georgia.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The same filter goes on nearly every model of Suzuki. It's just fine. I've used twenty or thirty of them without any issues. The only filter I would avoid using is K&N. People have reported leaks, but I suspect it's user error. People get drawn in by the nut welded on the front and over-tighten the things.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,653 Posts
"just looked at a Hi-flow box, sez it made in Kent England and Atlanta Georgia"

I've never looked into it in any detail but I think that those are corporate offices rather than manufacturing sites. See this and this and this and this. There are repeated claims that the Hi-Flo's are made in Thailand. The second link suggests that those locations are actually distribution centers of Bike Alert. Note also per the last link that the K&N nut is for removal only.

It's hard to tell without asking each seller but I get the impression that many of the cheap Suzuki 16510-07J00 filters on ebay are actually the earlier 16510-34E00. I'm no Mobil 1 salesman but I note that, while their filter can be hard to find, it's available at Pep Boys for less than $8.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts