Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I made a post a few weeks back asking you fine people what you look for when visiting a dealership. All of the replys in that thread were a great help so thank you to all that replied. So I figured I would make another post as soon as we are up and running. We took over last Friday so it is now under our control. For anyone that is tired of their current dealership feel free to stop in and see us. Here is our website. www.suzukiofnorthernillinois.com .

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I rode by there and seen Justin(I think that was one of the part owners name....) still there, so WTF?????

Who is still there??
What is new????
What will bring me back in there?
New mechanics?
Better knowledge about parts or just catalog readers without any knowledge of those parts???
Competitive prices?

Let me know!

Rob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most of the parts need to be ordered. Justin didn't stock many parts. That is another thing we are going to be changing.

Justin is there for thirty days. His contract with the previous owners states that he must train the new owner before he leaves or he will not be compensated for the work he has done. He will cease to be there at the end of this month.

About the mechanics, if you have met Tim and Kevin then no there won't be any new mechanics in the near future. Although the service area of the dealership is going to move alot quicker or we will be hiring new mechanics.

Parts are going to be different. The new owner will be hiring an experienced parts manager with knowledge of those parts. This is something we realized the first day we were in there. The former parts manager was just as you said.

The prices are going to be very competitive.

What will keep you coming back ? Hopefully the atmosphere. When Justin was in charge the sales staff were like piranhas looking for fresh meat. The sales staff won't be jumping down your throat the moment you walk in the door. When Justin was in charge I witnessed some deals where the customer was being pressed on hard core. This is something we do not want . There also was alot of profiling based on the appearance of a customer. If a customer came in that looked like he/she could not afford a bike the sales staff would ignore that customer. That will no longer be the case. No matter who you are or what you may look like the sales staff will treat everyone equally or they can find another job.

We also seek to improve every aspect of the dealership. Some of the things we will be doing are organizing the business so that customers can be served in a much quicker fashion, the service department WILL get bikes moving out the door repaired and ready to ride in a much quicker fashion, A no pressure approach to any and all sales whether its accessories or a vehicle. There are many things we look to change and it will take time, but it will be done.

All in all we hope to create a friendly place with competitive prices for Suzuki fans to pick up their bikes, quads, parts, and service . Customers I have talked to have already noticed a change and we have only been in there for two days. The Justin way of doing things there is now over.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Hey what do you have in stock for used bikes? I need to get one for a friend. GS500F '04 or '05 would be great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts