Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Biased Multi Level Marketing Dealer - take into co
382 Posts
I would like to get in on this discussion. I just bought my first bike a k8 600 and it time for my first oil change. I went in to advance auto parts to pick up shell rotella and was talkin to a good buddy of mine thats also an auto tech teacher at the local vocational school who has a i think a 97 750. He told me the gsxr dont like any other oil then the suzuki stuff hes tried alot and his will buck and run bad even with just a kn filter and the suzuki oil. I told him about what i had read on here but he just told me from his experience to not try it. Needless to say my bikes still sittin in my garage =[. Is this just a thing with his bike possably those models? I've read so much good about rotella and amsoil on here I was just seeking more information. Thanks

Just switch....... AMSOIL AMO is about the same cost per mile as Rotella... and Rotella IS NOT a Synthetic... not the "T" not the "Fully" Synthetic.... It is 92-98.9% Petroleum Oil... Bring your friend on here and I'll have a little discussion with him about the oils he has used. I am sure we can clarify his "Problems"

Or, you can upgrade to AMSOIL MCF and the AMSOIL EA Series Filter. Cost slightly more than the AMO, but has Specific Clutch additives giving it a JASO MA 2 Rating, the highest rating available today. It also has a High TBN to neutralize acidity, High Anti-Rust and Corrossion Inhibitors and Anti-Wear Additives Specifically designed for M/C Transmissions.

Bob S.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Just switch....... AMSOIL AMO is about the same cost per mile as Rotella... and Rotella IS NOT a Synthetic... not the "T" not the "Fully" Synthetic.... It is 92-98.9% Petroleum Oil... Bring your friend on here and I'll have a little discussion with him about the oils he has used. I am sure we can clarify his "Problems"

Or, you can upgrade to AMSOIL MCF and the AMSOIL EA Series Filter. Cost slightly more than the AMO, but has Specific Clutch additives giving it a JASO MA 2 Rating, the highest rating available today. It also has a High TBN to neutralize acidity, High Anti-Rust and Corrossion Inhibitors and Anti-Wear Additives Specifically designed for M/C Transmissions.

Bob S.

What is the TBN of your motorcycle oils?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Suzuki oem oil is made dfro them by castrol...

·
Registered
180 Posts

Bob S.

Didnt rotella t 2 just pass the same JASOMA @ rating???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is Castrol 10w 40 motor oil good to use in my 96' GSXR 1100? I've used it in my 85 'GS700ESF for 23 years.
I was wondering the same thing?
I just bought castrol grand prix 4 stroke 10w-40

for winter storage, my gsxr 600 has 4600 KM on it,

Would it be ok to use just for winter storage, I plan to switch to either Mobil 4t, or the amsoil brand,

thanks

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,849 Posts
I run olive oil, AKA Rotella

21 - 32 of 32 Posts