Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has any idea who is going to be riding for Suzuki in 2017? I recon Vinales and Espargaro are mad to leave the team - the bikes are finally working well and running with factory teams, they had a chance to make history. I would love to see Suzuki fight for the top next year :cheers some of that tech may even percolate to us mortals at some point!

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Iannone and Rins
This.

It sucks, because Iannone is just gonna go bowling for riders again, and Rins is gonna take some time getting up to speed.

2017 won't be good for Suzuki.

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,036 Posts
i dunno.... rins seems to adapt well to the bigger bikes... who knows maybe he'll be like vinales...
though i do agree, it sucks loosing maverick...
iannone, holy shit is this gunna be epic... lol

im more excited to see lorenzo on a duc, this will be all out war between the top 3.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Sorry, but Lorenzo is gonna shit the bed on the Duc. His riding style doesn't fit. It seems you have to manhandle the Duc, and Lorenzo is just a smooth, soft rider.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry, but Lorenzo is gonna shit the bed on the Duc. His riding style doesn't fit. It seems you have to manhandle the Duc, and Lorenzo is just a smooth, soft rider.
See, I think he's going to bring to the table exactly what the Ducati lacks; refinement. Right now it's just a brute that flies down the straights faster than anything else. If Lorenzo can bring his smooth/consistent riding and tweak the bike just enough so that it fits his smooth style, combined with having the quickest bike down the straights, they could be downright dominant on nearly every single track.

If Dovi and Iannone can put it on the podium I think Lorenzo can do the same, much more consistently.

·
Registered
105 Posts
See, I think he's going to bring to the table exactly what the Ducati lacks; refinement. Right now it's just a brute that flies down the straights faster than anything else. If Lorenzo can bring his smooth/consistent riding and tweak the bike just enough so that it fits his smooth style, combined with having the quickest bike down the straights, they could be downright dominant on nearly every single track.

If Dovi and Iannone can put it on the podium I think Lorenzo can do the same, much more consistently.
I agree! Lorenzo is not as aggressive as Ianone, but probably more skilled ... He has the temper more like Dovi, but much more skilled than him too... And Both were on the podium this year, Ianone even won a race... So looking from this point, he should be very strong... Another point of view is that Lorenzo and Rossi are pretty even (Rossi is a bit more aggressive), and Rossi disappointed at Ducati, so i don't know... But it seems Rossi stayed at Ducati during their worst seasons, talking about bike... Or maybe Rossi tried too much make the bike smoother (like a Yamaha), instead of adapting to it... So i don't know if the best choice for Lorenzo is refine the bike or adapt and use its strengths... All i know is i will continue rooting for him and second for Rins, that is the rider a root for on moto 2 and will be moving to Suzuki (My current brand)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
GSXR-BR
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing