Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suzuki gsxr 2006 750 cuts out while riding,

Started it up in the morning rode for about 10mins fuel light was flashing and suddenly cut out tried starting again but only clicking, boosted it up started and rode for about 10secs and cut out again but this time again it did not start up again and was stuck in gear 8 with lots of numbers on the speedo and immobilizer light flashing, tried boost it again but did not work, pushed it for Abit and found neutral,

Boosted it up again it started but at around 5000rpm on stand still it cut out, boosted it up again and let it idle and it cut out after around 10seconds,

Previously changed the stator and rectifier.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Suzuki gsxr 2006 750 cuts out while riding,

Started it up in the morning rode for about 10mins fuel light was flashing and suddenly cut out tried starting again but only clicking, boosted it up started and rode for about 10secs and cut out again but this time again it did not start up again and was stuck in gear 8 with lots of numbers on the speedo and immobilizer light flashing, tried boost it again but did not work, pushed it for Abit and found neutral,

Boosted it up again it started but at around 5000rpm on stand still it cut out, boosted it up again and let it idle and it cut out after around 10seconds,

Previously changed the stator and rectifier.

·
Registered
‘06 GSXR 750, with Lorry lights
90 Posts
How recently did the stator and r/r get changed and did you relocate it from the stock position or keep it where it is?

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,451 Posts
Could just be the battery. Get a meter and diagnose it. Could also be bad connection. Check the ground and all the connections between the stator and battery.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Looks like some melting on the tac? 13.5

Reactions: what?

·
14,451 Posts
Pretty common. The windscreen has a lensing affect to sunlight and will melt part of the cluster. Mine has a visible mark from the same cause.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Pretty common. The windscreen has a lensing affect to sunlight and will melt part of the cluster. Mine has a visible mark from the same cause.
Seriously? Haha I mean I guess it makes sense but thankfully I don’t have that on my bike. Or maybe not thankfully because it’s probably because I don’t get as much sun in the Pacific Northwest...

Now I am sad I don’t have a melt mark...

·
14,451 Posts
Take a look. Mine is just a little deformity. If you look close at most bikes, you usually see some evidence..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could just be the battery. Get a meter and diagnose it. Could also be bad connection. Check the ground and all the connections between the stator and battery.
I've checked the battery it was bad so I changed it and run fine for a day then tried started again it did not start so i booster it rode for a while then at high revs it tried cutting out but come back to life. While at traffic lights my mate revved it up to about above 9000rpm and bike cut off and didn't start again, pushed it a while tried using booster it started but cut of within 5secs then the f1 light come on

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've checked the battery it was bad so I changed it and run fine for a day then tried started again it did not start so i booster it rode for a while then at high revs it tried cutting out but come back to life. While at traffic lights my mate revved it up to about above 9000rpm and bike cut off and didn't start again, pushed it a while tried using booster it started but cut of within 5secs then the f1 light come on
It definitely sounds like your r/r, that is almost exactly the symptoms I experienced when mine went bad.

If/when you determine the cause and replace the regulator/rectifier, I would strongly advise you to relocate it away from the stock location behind the radiator. I moved mine into my air box, but Amazon has a relo bracket they sell to just have it be on the side using the same mounting holes.

Either way, there are a ton of how-to’s on YouTube and this forum for both ways.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts