Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
nice work! Frame looks great. i dont know what options you have available to you, but have you considered anodizing the frame like the factory did?

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
nice work! Frame looks great. i dont know what options you have available to you, but have you considered anodizing the frame like the factory did?
Thanks, Yes I took the frame in and they said the little pits etc would show up still and better option was powdercoating.

Rear shock has arrived - Is awesome
Front shocks rebuilt, have to clean and polish the ali shock bodies and clear coat, plus remove the anti dives and powder coat them with the brake bodies.

Frame, swing-arm, rear cushion lever and foot peg parts in with powder coaters now - 1 to 2 week wait and I can start the reassembly.
Probably going to stall for a month or 2 for funds to do the engine.

Will post once I have a some re assembly done

Attachments

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Finally got the old rear wheel bearings out with a blind bearing puller kit. Weisco kit finally arrived, pistons came in their own little velvet black bag. Powdercoaters should be done with everything next week and hopefully the replacement rear cushion and swing arm bearings arrive.
Then I can get on with putting it all back together.
Will get some threaded rod and plates to help with the needle bearing insertion.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Whoop whoop. Pile of bits back from powdercoaters.
Just the gold brakes, antidives left.
Bearings late from partzilla, rear cushion needle bearing on backorder with no ETA. GRrrr

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
9 Participants
Karitane Pete
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing