Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
nice work! Frame looks great. i dont know what options you have available to you, but have you considered anodizing the frame like the factory did?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
nice work! Frame looks great. i dont know what options you have available to you, but have you considered anodizing the frame like the factory did?
Thanks, Yes I took the frame in and they said the little pits etc would show up still and better option was powdercoating.

Rear shock has arrived - Is awesome
Front shocks rebuilt, have to clean and polish the ali shock bodies and clear coat, plus remove the anti dives and powder coat them with the brake bodies.

Frame, swing-arm, rear cushion lever and foot peg parts in with powder coaters now - 1 to 2 week wait and I can start the reassembly.
Probably going to stall for a month or 2 for funds to do the engine.

Will post once I have a some re assembly done

Attachments

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Finally got the old rear wheel bearings out with a blind bearing puller kit. Weisco kit finally arrived, pistons came in their own little velvet black bag. Powdercoaters should be done with everything next week and hopefully the replacement rear cushion and swing arm bearings arrive.
Then I can get on with putting it all back together.
Will get some threaded rod and plates to help with the needle bearing insertion.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Whoop whoop. Pile of bits back from powdercoaters.
Just the gold brakes, antidives left.
Bearings late from partzilla, rear cushion needle bearing on backorder with no ETA. GRrrr

20190916_162950.jpg 20190916_162938.jpg

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Putting the brake calipers back together. Some of the bolt heads are well corroded.
Has anyone used stainless bolts for the caliper body joining bolts?
Just a bit concerned they maybe high tensile steel and stainless wont be up to it

·
Registered
105 Posts
its probaby fine but if oure worried get some ARP stainless bolts. higher tensile strength than common stainless alloys, plus you can get super cool 12 point heads

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Brake calipers rebuilt. Purchased parts for a cheap bearing insertion tool (cheers to threads here).
Swing arm bearings and rear suspension next - very cathartic

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Putting the brake calipers back together. Some of the bolt heads are well corroded.
Has anyone used stainless bolts for the caliper body joining bolts?
Just a bit concerned they maybe high tensile steel and stainless wont be up to it
View attachment 569018
Not sure, but not being a daily ride....I wouldn't be to concerned.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Dang putting it all together and at the stage I am regretting not taking more photos. Leveraged the instrument cluster thread here (thank you all) to tidy up my instrument clusters but managed to screw up my tacho face by splilling solvent. sigh $$$$
Have found a replacement tacho via eblag - Boot in own arse.

Have a new wiring harness so that is in next.
Tossing up whether or not to put in 1109 wiseco kit as I dont have the Cams or money to work the head. Could do it and do the 2% timing advance and work the head later.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts