Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So like what exactly does it take to get approved threw suzuki finance. Cause i think i've tried just about everything in the book. I don't have bad credit, I make MORE than enough money, i own my own house.... etc. The sons a bitches need to approve me and approve me now damn it. I WANT MY GIXXER!.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
not sure, my buddy got financed through them (credit score in the 600s, and he's only 20), and it was his 2nd bike under his name.

You can always try going through a credit union and so forth and picking up the difference in that from what you put down couldnt you?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need to get financed threw suzuki so i don't have to put full coverage insurance on the bike.

Most people would say i'm a dumbass for not having full coverage, but well. i'm not paying 4-5 grand a year for insurance.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
naw, I dont think you're a dumbass. Full coverage down here in san diego at my age is rediculous. So i stick with liability, uninsured and theft and I do just fine.

Is there anyway around that though? gettinga personal loan maybe for the difference? Would that work? (like if you were putting down 3 grand on it, and you were getting it for let's say 11,500 OTD*tax/title/liscense* so you'd get a personal loan for 8 grand)

How much do you have to put down on it? (I'm taking it it's for an 05 1000).

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I was approved in minutes by Suzuki when I did it. Everyone seems to think just because you own a house you're guarenteed credit. There's more to it then that. It's how long your credit history is and what your payment history is like.

That's why it's important to keep certain cards opened in your name. Such as you have a credit account you got back in 1995, you dont use it, so you think you should close it. But this is exactly the one you wnat to keep. That way they'll see your credit history all the way back to 1995 is good. If you close that one down, and your next oldest one is from 2002. Now you have significantly shortened your credit history.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Ive had several loans thru suzuki finance and just got screwed by them on an 03 1000 I had.
Bacically suzuki finance used to be owned by G.E. Capital then was bought out by Household Bank. Well if you dont know anything about Households practices just use your search tool bar. They have been sued several times and have lost The New hampshire attorney general won one of the largest lawsuits against them. Anyway I get a call one day saying im 120 days late on my payments of course I go thru the roof! I have my payments automatic thru my bank so I called them bittchin after an investigation they said the payments were sent and G.E. Capital hasnt cashed them yet. So to my surprise after a lenghty investigation Household had bought the company and didnt contact me and several other hundred customers telling them they were the new lein holders. And to offer up any new payment info. I got the KY attorney general involved and got a letter stating that they were wrong in thier practices and offered to settle the loan for a lesser amount. I was like fuck that I just want to pay like always on time every time. This wasnt an option so after hiring my own attorney I was still forced to take the settlement. Which wasnt horrible I gave them $5000 cash and the setteled with me for that. But like I said they suck and the can call in the balance of the loan at anytime so beware. Just bought my 05 and opted to pay cash over any financing.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I applied the i didnt get a response of approval,then it said call.So i called and they asked a few more questions and approved me for 10k.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Ive had several loans thru suzuki finance and just got screwed by them on an 03 1000 I had.
Bacically suzuki finance used to be owned by G.E. Capital then was bought out by Household Bank. Well if you dont know anything about Households practices just use your search tool bar. They have been sued several times and have lost The New hampshire attorney general won one of the largest lawsuits against them. Anyway I get a call one day saying im 120 days late on my payments of course I go thru the roof! I have my payments automatic thru my bank so I called them bittchin after an investigation they said the payments were sent and G.E. Capital hasnt cashed them yet. So to my surprise after a lenghty investigation Household had bought the company and didnt contact me and several other hundred customers telling them they were the new lein holders. And to offer up any new payment info. I got the KY attorney general involved and got a letter stating that they were wrong in thier practices and offered to settle the loan for a lesser amount. I was like fuck that I just want to pay like always on time every time. This wasnt an option so after hiring my own attorney I was still forced to take the settlement. Which wasnt horrible I gave them $5000 cash and the setteled with me for that. But like I said they suck and the can call in the balance of the loan at anytime so beware. Just bought my 05 and opted to pay cash over any financing.
When they switched over I got a new card in the mail with a new terms of agreement. I hear all these horror stories about all these companies and have used them for years. I have never had a problem, in fact this time it worked out to my benefit sort of. When we bought the 03 1k, it was on a $25/month 1.9%APR deal. The $25/month was only suppose to last for one year, it shows up on the statement as never having a expiration date so all we need to do to pay the min each much is $25 and it's on a 1.9% apr, so each month that bill gets the min if we're short on cash.

My BestBuy card is with them and I have never had problems with that either. I guess I'm just lucky

·
Registered
293 Posts
If you own your own house, get a home equity line. The interest would kill the 10% Suzuki is offering and you can deduct the interest from your taxes.

Don

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea i think i'm just ganna pay cash for it in a couple months when i refi my house. Paying off other bills as well. Would be a shame to see all that money just goto bills

·
Registered
86 Posts
As far as credit scoring goes, it is better to do an installment loan through Suzuki than through their card which was @ 9.9% having the revolving card has a negative effect on your score. I could have gotten 9.4% but would have had to finance a minimum of 9000. Instead I went with suzuki @12.9 which I think sucks but considering I do not have to pay full coverage, the higher rate doesn't bother me much and I borrowed 6800 so I'm not upside down in it. My credit is good and I usually get the good rates for other stuff, but motorcycles thats just the way it is unless you buy a high dollar BMW or Ducati.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Congratulations to RessulsJ for breaking the code. Making payments on stuff that goes down in value is a recipe for long-term financial mediocrity. Oh, and getting a home equity line does not "pay off bills". It just moves the debt onto your house putting the place you live at greater risk for a steak dinner you charged 3 years ago. By all means though, pat yourself on the back for the tax deduction - it's probably worth 200-300 whole dollars a year. You're killin' em.

Your last thought was the correct one: pay cash for the bike and insure it in any dang way you please. Better yet, wait a couple months for some guy in his mid-life crisis to get done scaring the be-jabbers out of himself with his new Gixxer and buy it for about $8800.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts