Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm having some trouble trying to find the specific part number for the front "SUZUKI" emblem for my Gsxr600K8. I already bought the: 6864119F01YU8 but the sizing is wrong,the color is right but MOST importantly the letters are just printed on a single piece of vinyl.The one that my gixxer had, each letter was an individual vinyl. My Gsxr's color scheme is like the one in the photos. Please provide me with some codes!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Your best bet is to try & get a van/car graphics company to make you the graphics as with the age of the bike i dont think a dealer would be able to order/supply you with a genuine graphic.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,332 Posts
As best I can tell, the OEM graphic was 68641-19F00-YU8. This is supposedly it:

Is it not the right size? I can't tell for sure but it sort of looks like individual letters with a removable layer that holds them in the correct orientation.

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
8,284 Posts
Yep, there's a peel-away backing that exposes the adhesive on the back of each letter while that yellow 'masking tape' holds the letters in position.
  1. Prep the surface (soapy water, rinse, then spray & wipe with alcohol & lint-free cloth)
  2. Expose adhesive, as described above
  3. Rub-in the decal thoroughly, hopefully with a felt-lined spatula or something similar (a credit card wrapped in a thick sock works, in a pinch)
  4. When it's all stuck-on properly, peel-away the yellow 'tape' leaving the individual letters behind on the paint, provided you didn't skimp on steps 1 and 3.
Or anyone who works in graphics can just download the vector art and produce the graphics in Adobe Illustrator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts