Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's a very sad news and i wonder what consequences it will have on their sportbikes production for the market, knowing all the money that was invested in those prototypes , it was a source for discovering new parts and technologies that they may not discover and develop through Superbike seeing the much lower amounts of money injected on this level of competition .
I wonder if this is because they only won one championship title in 20 years although it happens not long after they son that first title in 20 years , what was encouraging .
I guess they are fed up to have injected so much money for so many years , for so few victories .
What i wonder is where the desire to stop Moto GP comes from , is it on the " Tech side " or some pressure from the shareholders ?

It makes me fear for the future of the GSX-R !

·
Taught Goatsee everything he "knows"
12,658 Posts
Well motorcycles in general have been in decline for a long time, and with it sport bikes. The public is not interested in sport bikes anymore, or at least not as interested as they once were. That with tightening emissions and sport bikes were already on the chopping block for a while. Their slow death began in the late 00s when the recession hit. Don't be surprised if the big four stop development and eventually production of R bikes altogether. Bikes as a whole dont sell like they have in the past, and sport bikes are a niche with in a niche. People I see buying bikes now either want the noise and aesthetics(cruisers) or function and utility over performance(tourers, standards, nakeds etc). So yeah, dont take Suzuki leaving Moto GP to mean anything, race replica bikes for the street were already going away.

Honestly, I just hope motorcycles of any kind are still a thing in the future.

Reactions: HemiDave

·
Premium Member
7,283 Posts
a lot of that MGP tech will still trickle down but the sportbikes are pretty much at the end of their road anyways, they've eeked about all they can out of a N/A I4, Suzuki is just throwing money into a hole at this point, the ducaties get more aspiration so passing them in the straights is a losing proposition.. I don't blame them at all, a series ran, controlled, and manipulated by the spaniards and italians.. let em have it, mgp can become the "Ducati cup", Aprillias allowed...

hopefully Suzuki goes back to superbike, partners with Yosh, and does what they do best, win titles

·
Registered
162 Posts
Saddening. Hopefully just temporary.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Kawasaki did the same, and look how their WSBK program turned out.

Sportbikes are dying though. I remember when I was young meeting up with dozens of riders, and hitting the streets in formations. PM wheels were cool, and the SRAD was the bike to have.

Miss those days.

·
Premium Member
7,283 Posts
Sad to hear that. What will happen to dozens of team members who works and represent Suzuki in MotoGP?

they will disperse into the various liveries and stables, some will migrate to other series such as BSB, ASB, Japan racing, SBK so forth, M1, M2.. they are all prolly spending more time filling out applications than anything else..

too bad suzuki dont go motoamerica, hopefully they redevelop the 1k and go SBK and take those titles back...

MGP is fairly corrupted as of the last decade or so, why riders leave top of their game, why the best riders always crash, the MPG tire "lottery" is a joke, what that means is they get to dole out specific tires to specific riders, is it easy for them to get tires with 5% less grip than another set? sure they can get it down to 1%, and you see it..

so they can manipulate the winners.. anything one can place a bet on you must know it is corrupted, controlled outcomes, all pro sports you name it.. the fact the caught world soccer in this mess should mean something to everyone..

when a series says OK some bikes can do whatever they want and others cannot, oddly it's the bikes owned by the italians get whatever they want while japanese are restricted, seriously one race in italy 3 italians on the front row, italians come 1-2 and a rookie top spot.. THEN the next race they all crash out?not too transparent, one day they have superior grip, next day can't find any?

I was born in the day but not yesterday, e all remember the big 4 pulling out of SBK due to aspiration regulations favoring the twins, ducati..

Suzuki is simply tired of throwing money at a rigged game

1 - 10 of 10 Posts