Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to put together a ride up in Sussex this Saturday weather prevailing. Right now it's calling for mid 80's and cloudy but we'll see where we're at towards the end of the week.

I'm thinking of meeting at the Wawa in Parsippany on New Rd. at 10:00 AM This gives guys coming from 80, 280, GSP and 287 a good spot to meet up and top off gas then head back up 80 and get off at 206.

It also gives squids like me a chance to let the faster guys who are much more knowledgable of the roads take the lead--I went up there a few times and had fun, hoping someone will lead this ride. (Trust me I'm slower than the vets and want to learn from them.)

I'm thinking 10 AM to about 4 PM and then maybe stop at a diner or local resturant for an early dinner and BS--then break off.

I'm gonna post this message over at SBN too and see if we can get a nice size group of various skill levels out there.

If you're down--post!

ALL SKILL LEVELS WELCOME, RIDE AT YOUR OWN PACE, NO ONE GET'S LEFT BEHIND!!!

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Does anyone feel like doing a ride like this on Sunday? I have about 8 regular guys that ride every Sunday. We usually just hit up the Bear Mountain surrounding areas and are not familiar with Sussex at all. I would love for someone to give us a tour of Sussex County :cheers

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no problem doing it on Sun actually. The only thing is I don't know the roads too well. If we get off at exit 25 then take 206 for awhile ..its a left to county rt 615 or 617 or something..that's when it gets good with road surfaces and some twisties.

But after that..im kinda lost. I don't wanna bring 8 dudes up there for nothing.

If we can find a leader I'm willing to switch up....or we can always wing it together. Let me know.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's a BM run on Sun anway. Maybe we'll do another Sussex run next Sun, being that Frank can't make it and I have 2 hopefulls over at SBN--let's stick to the plan for Sat.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That might work too..once we get up there and off 206 to that 1st county road its pretty much all good. Im sure I'll remember some shit once I get there.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts