Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering if anyone has the proper suspension setup for an 04 600...i am 6'2" 230 and i want to make sure the bike is setup right for me...thanks!:cheers

·
Registered
85 Posts
andy28gsxr05 said:
good thinking! tuning your suspension is one of the best mods you can do for nothing.
+1

I had a friend set up my bike to my weight last week...night and day difference. The most important thing is to get the sag down right.

However, there's something you need to consider...you're close to my weight (I weight about 215-225, depending on the week :p), and we're both significantly heavier than the average sportbiker. Even at my weight, the settings on the forks are just about maxed out, which isn't a huge deal if you're not planning on going to the track. Unless you lose a lot of weight, i'd suggest you look into getting the front fork springs replaced with 95 lb. springs (I think the stockers are 85 lb). It'll probably cost you close to $200-250 to have it done, as you'll need to purchase the springs, fork oil, fork seals, and have somebody remove the forks and rebuild them, but if you want to do everything right, then it's probably gonna have to be done eventually.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
ya good luck adjusting it. for street riding it won't matter to much - but if you start hitting the track u'll need some help. that rear shock no matter what you do will be worn out in a few laps. i'm over 200 on stock stuff and plenty of people can manage it fine.. its just not a popular way to go

·
Registered
545 Posts
csxfbird said:
+1

I had a friend set up my bike to my weight last week...night and day difference. The most important thing is to get the sag down right.

However, there's something you need to consider...you're close to my weight (I weight about 215-225, depending on the week :p), and we're both significantly heavier than the average sportbiker. Even at my weight, the settings on the forks are just about maxed out, which isn't a huge deal if you're not planning on going to the track. Unless you lose a lot of weight, i'd suggest you look into getting the front fork springs replaced with 95 lb. springs (I think the stockers are 85 lb). It'll probably cost you close to $200-250 to have it done, as you'll need to purchase the springs, fork oil, fork seals, and have somebody remove the forks and rebuild them, but if you want to do everything right, then it's probably gonna have to be done eventually.
you don't need to change anything except the spring.
No fork seal, nor oil(you can if you want too(it can be a good thing but not 100% necessary).
But you can have it 100% done with changing spring and valve.

but only spring is very easy to do.

·
Banned
3,512 Posts
what does setting the supsension do anyway's or setting the sag? i'm about 5`7" and 160lb and mine is all stock supsension. should i change it up a little?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I weigh 130 pounds, what would be the ideal setting for my 05 GSXR600?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.