Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Can someone possibly help me out with setting up the suspension on my 88 gixxer?

I am 6'4" 210 LBS and am wondering what I should do to tune my front and rear suspenion?

Can someone give me a few pointers?

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Well what are your goals, how many mile are on your suspension, what kind of riding do you do.
the simplest thing would be order up a set of race tech gold valve emulators from LPUSA and some springs to match your weight that tkase care of the forks, as for the shock you can re-spring it and re-valve it your self depending on your skill level/comfort level.
the next step is to send the forks out to someone likr race tech or traxxion dynamics, with the shock or purchase an after market shock
-Karl

G

·
0 Posts
This is what I had done to my 88 750 and it was the best handling bike I've ever owned!! Damn..... I wish I still had it!! The 88 GSXR 750's were notorious for dragging parts in the corners. I would toss the stock shock in favor of a Fox Shock with adjustable ride height and the proper spring for your weight. Then jack the rear up for more cornering clearance. For the forks the easiest thing to do without major disassembly is to change the fork springs out for a set of Race Tech's setup for your weight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts