Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm getting the bike ready for my first track day and i want to set up my suspension. just looking for some suggestions on what i should set my sag at. i'm running on the jefferson. i've got 02 600 gixxer. i weigh 220. suspension is stock and i've never adjusted anything. help me out! thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
At 220...your definitly gonna need new forks springs ....95's should be o.k. as for the shock, it's prolly a good idea to get a proer spring rate for it too, as w/o rated springs you can't adjust the SAG on your bike, which is parmount to setting up your suspension.

Not saying this is a Must do, as some of the uys here have raced on bikes that were way undersprung....just depends on your skill level...

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
At 220...your definitly gonna need new forks springs ....95's should be o.k. as for the shock, it's prolly a good idea to get a proer spring rate for it too, as w/o rated springs you can't adjust the SAG on your bike, which is parmount to setting up your suspension.

Not saying this is a Must do, as some of the uys here have raced on bikes that were way undersprung....just depends on your skill level...
Yeah, if you have no skill like me then it doesn't atter. My front end was set up for the previous owner who weighed 160# and I haven't done anything to it (I weigh 215#). I still haven't been able to figure out why the damn thing dives and pogos so much though.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
for your first track day just ride the bike and have some fun
dont let these johnny 2 clicks tell ya what to do
enjoy

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
hey sean. good to meet ya at the track man.. you wont be able to get your sag #'s from stock suspension at your weight. so dial in your preload all the way up front, and probably want to spin those collars on the shock too. ideally you want about 30-35mm's of rider sag and about 10-15mm's of free sag up front, and about 20-25mm rider sag and 5-10 free sag out back..

get those as close as you can. and ride the thing. if you have your bike at the track next time im there ill take a look at the settings a bit and see what we can do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts