Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_susp_settings/
2004 GSXR600. Im reading through the tuning article and looking at the recommended settings. It seems that the settings for the regular tires make the bike even stiffer. I have about 1500 miles on this bike and think i have a decent feel for it. Under stock settings i thought the front end was a little too loose and dove too much under front braking. The rear seemed too stiff. Im 190lbs and 6'0. Are these settings on sportrider for the track? Any opinoins?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I try to keep them at what they recommend which is 36/36, but if i check it and its 35/35 or 35.5/35.5 i don't mess with it unless they are any lower

·
Registered
580 Posts
the fork springs are are little soft-esp for a 190lb rider-I would rec a respring & revalve while your at it.I used the SR setting at the track & they worked pretty good-I'am only 145lb though.I did eventually get the front work revalved,springed & it was well worth it

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_susp_settings/
2004 GSXR600. Im reading through the tuning article and looking at the recommended settings. It seems that the settings for the regular tires make the bike even stiffer. I have about 1500 miles on this bike and think i have a decent feel for it. Under stock settings i thought the front end was a little too loose and dove too much under front braking. The rear seemed too stiff. Im 190lbs and 6'0. Are these settings on sportrider for the track? Any opinoins?
First off... with tires STONE COLD PSI - front33 rear32

Second your springs are way too light for the forks and way too stiff for the shock. Unless you change out all of your springs you cannot set your sag correctly. Adjust the comp. & rebound as much as you can for you weight.

now read this

1 - 6 of 6 Posts