Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Re: Suspension 101 from Traxxion Dynamics Max Mcallister

this is good stuff to know. i don't know to much on the suspension set up so this will help out alot. thanks

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Printed and using to my advantage! Thanks guys

·
Registered
209 Posts
so checking may sag on the front it shows the difference in my static sag & my rider sag is just over 1 cm does this mean my preload is to high ? I weigh 175 no gear.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
You have to be a frig en rocket scientist....in the trubleshoting chart ..eg. bumps over road ....how much hop is normal and how much can be corrected without screwing up something else......I like controling front end dive under braking everything else is mind boggling.....Ya Know

·
Registered
415 Posts
Definitely helpful info.

One question though, different bikes/suspension have different suspension travel amounts. Does this matter with setting a baseline Front Rider Sag of 35mm and a Rear Rider Sag of 30mm?

As that 35mm or 30mm could be a bigger or smaller percentage of the suspension travel. Or is it soo small it doesn't matter much?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just read it and started doing adjustments on front and back suspensions.
Went out for a ride and the bike changed alot...in good direction!
Many Thanx!
Very helpful hints!

·
Registered
48 Posts
My buddy passed me on the outside in a corner yesterday and it really pissed me off.
This is good info, hopefully it will do the trick.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've been looking for a good suspension article. When I got my last bike (600RR) my buddy had the same bike and had already done a couple track days at Jennings. He already had the static sag set when I got back from iraq (he found it while I was deployed for me). When I picked it up he set the sag. This was the 1st sport bike that I rode hard and aggressively. Since him and I are about the same weights he put compression and rebound to what he had on his to get me stated. Only things I ended up adjusting was comression and rebound on the forks. But never got a chance to take it to the track.

Now I have my k6 liter. I've only been able to ride it a few times (couple hundred miles). I am now comfortable enough with the new beast to start pushing it and riding aggressively. I'm find on the low speed s-turns where the surface is flat and smooth. But Riding with some friends the other day we went to hit a high speed long sweeper with a slight bank and seems in the surface (concrete slabs). I had to ease out of it and not power out of the turn. I dont really know how to discribe how be rear felt, but it was was no a safe feel. Breaking was fine and so was the corner entry. It wasnt till about 1/3 way through that the rear stated to feel off and by 1/2 way it got to where I couldnt keep in it.... Where should I start? What is causing this?... I'm about 180-185 in full gear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ihave the same feeling on my k7 750. the rear is just not confident inspiring. Now I knwo I'm comapring apple and oranges, but I lovd the way my '07 R6 felt... I could ride out of slower turns on just the rear wheel. I want that feeling again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Holy crap this is saved for future reference for me! What a massive wealth of information. I got my baseline setup done and its time to do some performance tuning. thanks for all the great tips.

·
Registered
183 Posts
This is awesome! Thanks a lot. will keep me busy for a long time, lots of text and information I always been looking for.
+1

thanks a lot man. Good info.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S lll

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
36 Participants
Anthony D
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing