Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Susp settings??

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  oyabun16 
#1 ·
Hi,i'm riding a 98 GsxR750.I want to ask what are the recommended suspension settings ie: the static sag,damping,compression etc.I saw an article in a bike magazine before but did not bother to take note of it, now i just cant remember which mag it was.Any help will be appreciated.

#2 ·
Set your sag to 30mm if you hit the canyons hard. If you ride track set it 25mm.

How much do you wiegh? When was the last time the suspention was serviced? Have you ever had your shock recharged?

John

#3 ·
Set your sag to 30mm if you hit the canyons hard. If you ride track set it 25mm.

The sag that you meant, is it static or loaded sag?

How much do you wiegh? When was the last time the suspention was serviced? Have you ever had your shock recharged?

I weight aroung 68kg.My front forkd were last serviced 6 months back.My shock had never been recharged.

#4 ·
When I talk about sag I only talk about one kind of sag. ridding sag. I am not sure what you really call it. But with you on the bike. you should set at about 30mm..

I would look into getting your shock serviced. It would really help.

I am not sure what the Kg to lbs convertion is. So I can not help to much there...

John

#5 ·
Approx 2.2 lbs per kg.As for your settings you really need to experiment a bit to get it right.GSXRFREAK can probably give you some good base settings but you really need to go out and try a few things for yourself,if nothing else it will teach you what all the adjusters do and how they affect the bike.I tried some settings out of "superbike" and they were shit for me.Have fun and remember to keep notes and try to ride as you normally do and on similar roads to what you ride on normally.

#6 ·
well using the 2.2lbs per Kg your springs should be ok your size. Set teh sag with you on the bike at like 30mm to start. Put your valves at the punch mark ( I think this is about 1 3/8th turn out), and start there. If you ride on smooth road and ride fast. then you might want to turn your comp in about 1/8 turn front and rear, and turn your ten (rebound) out about 1/8 turn in the front. Leave the back alone.

This has been a good start for most of the people I know. But as said before, it is only a starting point.

John

#7 ·
Put your valves at the punch mark ( I think this is about 1 3/8th turn out), and start there. If you ride on smooth road and ride fast. then you might want to turn your comp in about 1/8 turn front and rear, and turn your ten (rebound) out about 1/8 turn in the front. Leave the back alone.

Thanks gsxr freak, for the settings.I have a final query here, the valves and punch marks thingy,i dont get what you mean.Can you explain it a bit further?

#8 ·
Originally posted by kirei78:
Put your valves at the punch mark ( I think this is about 1 3/8th turn out), and start there. If you ride on smooth road and ride fast. then you might want to turn your comp in about 1/8 turn front and rear, and turn your ten (rebound) out about 1/8 turn in the front. Leave the back alone.

Thanks gsxr freak, for the settings.I have a final query here, the valves and punch marks thingy,i dont get what you mean.Can you explain it a bit further?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Maybe you dont have them on yours. But there is a sticker on the valve, and a punch mark (small dent) on the adjuster. If you like the punch mark up with the spot in the sticker this is stock.

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.