Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone reccomend a good supplement for building muscle? Besides the basic whey protein and creatine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Can anyone reccomend a good supplement for building muscle? Besides the basic whey protein and creatine.
good diet + intense training, without both of those, no matter what supplement you take it wont help you build muscle

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
As stated above good and solid food, high in quality protein and good complex carbs. That coupled with intense training, no over the counter product can generate the gains that you will achieve with those and even if you took illegal products, without good food and training it is a waste.
Stick with good multis, whey protein PWO only, fish oil about 6g a day, Vitamin C, drink about a gallon of water a day, and if you like me I use some sort of pre workout drink, no-xplode or superpump 250 cause I like the tweeky feeling...LOL Also, shoot for about 1.5g of protein per lean pound of bodyweight and try to feed your muscles about every 3hours, never let yourself get hungry. Working out is the easy part, proper nutrition and timing is the bitch.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I think SVS could give some good input here.

I used Myoplex shakes, a GREAT diet, some d-bol, and 1 cycle of deca
Worked like a charm. Obviously not the healthiest route but I was young, tiny and stupid.:wacko:lol

·
Premium Member
41,722 Posts
Im positive. I went from 180lbs to 190lbs while eating "ok" and working out 3-4 days a week. Went through the entire can of Muscle Milk. Im sure working out more my matabolism went up and I started eating more. Im not saying that I gained the weight JUST because of the Milk but im sure it had something to do with it. I don't care what that page says, its NOT impossible to gain 10lbs in 30 days. Hell, 12 years ago I gained 10lbs in 5 days (on a cruise) but I know it wasnt all muscle :D

·
Registered
531 Posts
A good diet and proper workout will build muscle, there's so secret to it, btw your body only puts on 2-4lbs of muscle a month, unless your on AAS that always helps.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
shoot for about 1.5g of protein per lean pound of bodyweight
im a certified personal trainer and clinical dietitian (i do this for a living) and this is about the only thing i disagree with you about. that is way too much protein even for an athlete. shooting for more like 1 gram per kilogram of your ideal body weight is the appropriate goal.

to find your ideal body weight take 5 feet and start at 106# then add 6# for every inch after. this will give you your ibw.

everyone thinks you will get big cramming in the protein but it will turn out to be a huge waste of money not to mention the nitrogen is hard on your kidneys.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
im a certified personal trainer and clinical dietitian (i do this for a living) and this is about the only thing i disagree with you about. that is way too much protein even for an athlete. shooting for more like 1 gram per kilogram of your ideal body weight is the appropriate goal.

to find your ideal body weight take 5 feet and start at 106# then add 6# for every inch after. this will give you your ibw.

everyone thinks you will get big cramming in the protein but it will turn out to be a huge waste of money not to mention the nitrogen is hard on your kidneys.

Cool same here and do it for a living also. Everyone has there own methods and beliefs and everyone is different so of course you know that you have to adjust it accordingly. I actually shoot for about 450g of protein a day and I weigh about 245. Back in my hey day..LOL and was up in the 275+ range in the off season I would shoot for closer to 600g a day, nowadays I try to stay in shape yearround especially with the track and all, hell I am kicking 40 in the ass and stuck in the old school of thinking...LOL

·
Registered
3,465 Posts

That Ibw calculation makes every pro athelete WELL above their Ibw

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Pretty much, though I am not a pro athlete..LOL Reminds me of when I went and took my physical with a new doctor and I was in the room in my underwear waiting on him and he came in and was looking down at my chart telling me my height is 5ft11in weight of 260lbs and my BMI(bodyMassindex) was 33 and I was morbidly obese, I started laughing and he finally took a look at me and he said "Oh, but you got abs so forget I just told you that you were obese" we both got a good laugh out of that one. I never use the IBW guideline with any of my clients, people are all built different and have different genetics and bone structure. When you tell them, "this is what you are suppose to weigh", I think it takes a big toll on them mentally and sticks it in there head. I use the mirror more than the scale to show my clients the improvements they are making.

·
Premium Member
18,076 Posts
damn i wish i could break 150 haha. im 6' 138.5 and last time i had my body fat checked it was a 2.58 and the trainer told me i sicked him. I wrestled for 6 yrs and continue to coach as well as hit the gym but i just cant seem to gain. i havent tried protein or anything but i could go to the gym alot more. most of the training i do is cardio and lots of reps.
Figure it would help on the track not having to worry about taxing my suspension but one day i know my motabolism will drop and ill start putting on the pounds

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
Eat right, work out hard and get plenty of sleep.. Have patience...

I take protein twice a day, and a pre work out drink ie (super pump 250, green magnitude, no explode, no vapor etc...)

Key is sticking to your work out sched, and diet.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
this is true, although calculating ibw and total caloric needs is a tricky business. ibw is just a starting point, but i do find it a little more appealing than bmi, for numerous reasons. when calculating ibw you can add or subtract 10% of a persons weight based on bone structure. we usually use measurements of the wrist to determine that. all in all, if you are not sauced the fuck out you do not need as much protein as the muscle mags tell you. professional bodybuilders can utilize the enormous amounts of protein because steroids skyrocket protein synthesis, albeit still unhealthy for the kidneys.

·
Registered
115 Posts
damn i wish i could break 150 haha. im 6' 138.5 and last time i had my body fat checked it was a 2.58 and the trainer told me i sicked him. I wrestled for 6 yrs and continue to coach as well as hit the gym but i just cant seem to gain. i havent tried protein or anything but i could go to the gym alot more. most of the training i do is cardio and lots of reps.
Figure it would help on the track not having to worry about taxing my suspension but one day i know my motabolism will drop and ill start putting on the pounds
:lol 2.58 % body fat

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
15 Participants
EpicPhaill
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing