Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im in the market for a supercharger but i cant find any that will fit a k9. i was looking at tts kit for the k8
but i contacted tts and they said it would not fit. so i was just curious on why it wouldn't fit or how i could make it fit. any help is much appreciated thanks!

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Why supercharge VS turbo? I'm sure someone will dig it up but some guy did a STELLAR, gorgeous job of installing a supercharger... I think it was on an L1. Tons of beautiful custom CNC / fab work. In the end, it blew up and still never broke 200 RWHP.

Turbo? Umm, you can get more than 200 hp with a whole lot less fuss. I think there's a guy or two out here who may have one.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,844 Posts
You'd be much better off doing head and cams, or even increasing displacement, over a supercharger. Same for a turbo, unless you're prepared to build the engine when it grenades.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,806 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow that’s not good to hear.... so what would you recommend doing if I wanna build a reliable high hp engine

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
.... so what would you recommend doing if I wanna build a reliable high hp engine
Sell the K9 and buy a K1-K8 if you want big HP ;)

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Seeing as how you have a grand total of three posts on this forum, how about instead of asking random questions, you tell us about your experience, what bikes you've owned, raced, tracked or otherwise etc....

That way, we have an idea of what you're trying to accomplish.

Or are you a noob that doesn't have a clue about anything motorcycle-related and who just thinks he needs a bigger motor because you have no idea how to even begin to exploit the actual performance of a modern literbike?

So yes, a little context, please :wait

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,844 Posts
how about putting a k8 engine in my k9 or would that not be worth it
You need to build the engine for high power. Find an engine builder and discuss your goals, trying to build a forum engine is not going to end well for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts