Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I was just trying to find the supercharger. I have had turbo GSXR's before. The Sims and Rohm superchargers made around 220RWHP and with a turbo you could get 240+ but the Supercharger made power from idle on up. I want one for my Streetfighter just for the oddity.
Bones

·
Registered
360 Posts
I think I rember one that was driven off the cam chain and was much more compact. I'll wait for that one, if I ever find it. The bike you pictured, I checked into it a few (4-6) months ago I could have got it for $5000.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I saw a sport rider article that had a 1992 GSXR750 with the sims and rohm supercharger.
it was completely stock and ran 11.1s. they bolted on the supercharger(noother mods), and it ran in the high 9s.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
It is kind of bulky...wouldn't it be nice to be supercharged for just street use? What am I saying?
gixxers come out of corners just fine without doubling the power...at least mine does now.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
The Original Sims & Rohm street kit used dual 42mm Mikuni RS flatslides that were supposed to go on a HD big twin and the HD only used one!
Bones

·
Registered
398 Posts
I contacted S&R about a year ago for one..they no longer sell them (sucks). I believe he said the kit was around $2000 and on the GSXR750 they say about 200HP!!Rode one a friend had back in the day..thing was CRAZY! I am talkin power from the word GO! No boost to build..just crazy power. Whack the throttle and hold the heck on! I would LOVE to get them to look in their storage for a new one they never sold..doesnt look like I will find one. Be cool to custom cut the fairings so they just exposed the belt and pullys..then use a screen grate over so no clothing got caught. Man I still remember the sound that bastard made when you whacked it on the strip..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys,
Billy Rohm is still doing business as "Rohm Performance Machine" in Yuba City, CA. He's no longer with Mr. Sims. Billy is a genuinely good guy and would probably be happy to entertain any questions you have about that particular bike. Having spent many enjoyable hours hanging out in his shop, I'd be very surprised if he had another supercharger around. He just moved his shop down the street around a year ago, and got a pretty good handle on what he had/kept/threw away.

And if you don't have one of his custom-built adjustable ignition triggers - you should. The cheapest, easiest ponies you'll ever bolt to your bike. Not to be confused with the cheesy "advancers" sold by Factory and others which assume your OEM trigger was accurate - which it probably wasn't. 530 is the area code.

Best,
Bill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts