Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Niners and Baltimore..who ya got?

Good match up--for my money, Flacco's got the hot hand, I can't see Lewis retiring a SB loser and I don't think Kapernick has faced a defense like this yet. So I'm going Ravens.

You?

·
Possibly infected with Ebola
3,216 Posts

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
Defense wins games...with a decent offense. Baltimore is more than a decent offense so this tips it in the Ravens favor.

Kapernick's inexperience MAY be key but this is a team effort.

All I want to see is "smash mouth football" with every player going 100% on every play.

Who makes the plays when it matters most? This will be a GREAT game with the winner truly earning the Lombardy Trophy.

I'm so excited! Plans are to watch it at home...with a well stocked "beer fridge" and plenty of Wings from B-dubs! (Buffalo Wild Wings)

Let's get things Rockin' and Rollin'!

Ed

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
I like the Ravens would like to Ray Lewis retire in style .
He's very determined...and it's rubbing off on his teammates. This opens the door for the least expected to make plays. I wonder who is going to step up...

Go Yankees !!!!
Dodgers, man! Say it with me..."$2B Team!" Nuf said.

The Commercials!!!!!
You are right! That's why I gotta clean the cooler today so I don't have to leave the comforts of my couch...cept to hit the can.

NOTE: I'm glad you didn't say halftime show. It's been boring since the wardrobe malfunction of JJ with an assist from JT.

Enjoy!

Ed

·
Birdman
24,676 Posts
I like the Ravens would like to Ray Lewis retire in style .
Really? Ray Lewis is the biggest piece of shit in the NFL. Fuck that useless scum bag fuck. I hope the Ravens loose just outta spite for him, and this may one of the first Superbowl's I couldn't care less about.

·
Shaved Leg Hippie
124,232 Posts
First half sucked (even if the Niners has been leading I'd still say that). Second half was great, only to be marred by a bad call at the end.

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
First half sucked (even if the Niners has been leading I'd still say that). Second half was great, only to be marred by a bad call at the end.
Inexperience caught SF off guard...that's why certain plays weren't made.

Flacco was as cool as the other side of the pillow. For being a pocket passer, he flushed out and made plays when the Ravens Offense had to.

As for the non-call in the end zone...they let them fight for the ball. I was furious on a previous Raven's possession when they did not call "Late Hit" on Flacco who was clearly out of bounds.

I didn't like the delay but it changed the scope of the game. In the end, Baltimore clung on to the lead and played the punt well enough to eat the clock.

Congrats Ravens!

Ed

·
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager
11,665 Posts
i missed most of the game when i had to take my kids home. it takes me an hour and a half to get them home (round trip). luckily the power outage gave me just enough time to get home and catch the game at the 2 min warning.

i was surprised they didnt call interference when the niners threw the lob in the corner. that had to have been more than 5 yards out.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Was disappointed that the Ravens got most of the calls, definitely a couple of the guys should have been ejected from the game. Oh well, still won $200 on squares

·
Sphincter Pincher
7,843 Posts
i missed most of the game when i had to take my kids home. it takes me an hour and a half to get them home (round trip). luckily the power outage gave me just enough time to get home and catch the game at the 2 min warning.

i was surprised they didnt call interference when the niners threw the lob in the corner. that had to have been more than 5 yards out.
They could have called both holding on the the Ravens or pushing off on the niners. When its the game deciding play its gonna have to be pretty blatant penalty for it to get called. Which is how it should be IMO. Hand fighting and holding jerseys is all part of the passing game on both O and D

Was disappointed that the Ravens got most of the calls, definitely a couple of the guys should have been ejected from the game. Oh well, still won $200 on squares
ejections:piss Thats how it should be. I love when football players actually get some fire in their bellies and get aggressive. But Im a hockey fan first, so what do I know:lol

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
i loved this officiating (i live near seattle): :spit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiWwENDAybw
Those are/were replacement referees.

BTW, Did you know the Special Teams line could "Hold" and get away with it during that Punt? The penalty is a: Safety, 2-points and a free kick.

So guess what the Raven's Special Team line did? Held so the punter could eat the clock.

Here's a Great article about the game:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8912868/bill-barnwell-puts-ravens-win-perspective

Ed

1 - 20 of 30 Posts