Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site and new to bike riding.
I haven't purchased a bike yet but definitely looking at the SV650. If you guys have any suggestions or tips I'm more than happy to accept.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Welcome to GDC... And your definately on the right track as far as your first bike! THANK GOODNESS SOMEBODY OUT THERE LISTENS!!!
Anyway, as usually try to find a used one as well... Nothing wrong with new, but it's rare to find someone who didn't drop their first bike at least once... I for example was a complete tard...
I was washing it up in the yard one day... Turned around looking for something and WHAM! Turns out, the water of course softend the ground around the kickstand and over she went... Fortunately the ground was soft, so I got away with about $150 in repairs... Another friend I ride with had only had his bike about a week when he came to a stop sign and put his foot down in a spot of oil... Slipped and down went the bike... He wasn't so lucky... Full fairing and no frame sliders... He had like $1200 to repair it.. Anyway, there's also the "price" for new... By the time you drive it off the lot the value has dropped a lot... That doesn't mean never buy a new bike, but for your first, stick with a used!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
R.U. Sirius
Man I read all of your post. Are you reading out of book or something? Everything is on POINT. Meiiko Welcome to GDC!!!

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
R.U. Sirius
Man I read all of your post. Are you reading out of book or something? Everything is on POINT. Meiiko Welcome to GDC!!!
LOL, nope, no book, just like to stay informed and pass it along... Thanks though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts