Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello hello, I know many of you have seen the Suomy Spec 1 Extreme helmets, and Shoeis Classic Lines. Which helmet company do you preffer?
Why? What is your current helmet. It it an HJC, or another brand??

Im looking on purchasing a couple, so your opinion is greatly appreciated!!

knee.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I have a SHOEI and a KBC. What type of riding do you do? Track, street, street asshole style, touring? I would choose a helmet(s) that suit your riding.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Suomy and Shoei are great helmets. You can't go wrong with either one. The Suomy is lighter, smaller and vents better. The Shoei is quieter, but is just as confy as Suomy, and the vents are good.

Suomy has a BSI cert. Shoei DOT/Snell. Shoei's visors are cheaper too. However, if you get a Xtreme Suomy helmet, you can use the Spec 1R shields, which are like $50 bucks cheaper than the Xtreme, and they work.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I like Shoei better. The Suomy side clips are annoying and lately people have been complaining of Suomy's shit just coming off of the helmets (vents, side clips, etc). Shoei is the way to go. Later,

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
My current helmet is a Suomy, Shoei, and 3 HJCs.

My favorite is Suomy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a TC-2 Duhamel Rep. Shoei helmet and it's frickin' awesome. I wouldn't give it up for anything else. I've tried other brands, but shoei just seems to work best for me. Each of us have different sized and shaped melons, so honestly it just boils down to which one is the most comfortable.

·
Registered
26,441 Posts

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
I had a Shoei TZ-1 and I loved it. It also saved my ass in my wreck. Now wearing an HJC CL-14 size small and it fits really good. I will be up grading to the Shoei RF-1000.

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Shoei RF1000. Before that was the RF700. Besides the fact that they fit me best, I prefer the visor setup. Ventilation on the new helmet is awesome. Extremely happy with the Shoei lineup, and has everything I need in a helmet. I'll buy from them again when the next upgrade is due.

Never tried a Suomy so I can't say anything about them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i just bought a shoei RF-1000 and i like it a lot. I tried on the Suomy and I thought that they fit funny.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Shoei RF 1000.. Tried on a bunch and the shoei felt the best out of all the brands.. [image]http://www.shoei-helmets.com/helmets/nervetc-5.html[/image]

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
I have 2 Arai and an HJC. Haven't worn the HJC in 3 years. The Arai corsair fits me perfect. I ordered a SUOMY Extreme but had to send it back because my head isn't the right shape for it. The graphics on SUOMYs are so nice. Here's my new one

1 - 17 of 17 Posts