Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have requested... here you go.

Date: Sunday July 1
Time: 9:00 AM
Stands up: 9:15 AM
Meet: Dunkin' Donuts‎, 560 State Rt 23N, Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
Pace: Ride within your limits; not a race; be safe; respect other riders; no one gets left behind

Please have tank topped off or have about 100 miles left before next gas stop.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man I really want to do this run. Not sure about the hotass weather though:suicide
We'll be in mostly back roads under shade in the trees, so it's not going to be that hot. Sunday would be high of upper 80s for where we're going to be riding about.

·
Papa Johns Diaper Service...
2,835 Posts
Maybe we will run into you guys, we will be coming from the opposite direction. Back roads to rt 97 and thru the Hawks nest and rt 23 of High point.:punk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe we will run into you guys, we will be coming from the opposite direction. Back roads to rt 97 and thru the Hawks nest and rt 23 of High point.:punk
LOL... I thought you were staying up by Bear mtn? What time do you expect to by the Lukoil on rt 23 by Highpoint? You have my number, just text me updates and I'll do the same.

Thinking about this....
smh...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'd love to go with you guys..but tomorrow I have a family event.

Usually, I wouldn't think twice.....because I'm not riding tomorrow I'm currently sitting home watching A-Team on dvd and drinking tall boys----had to do something to take the sting out of it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd love to go with you guys..but tomorrow I have a family event.

Usually, I wouldn't think twice.....because I'm not riding tomorrow I'm currently sitting home watching A-Team on dvd and drinking tall boys----had to do something to take the sting out of it.
How did I know you weren't going to make it to whenever I decide to post a ride up lol. Same with someone else as well... :dissapointed

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
What!? This is the only thing I've ever seen you post in a looooooooong time--I've been mounted up every weekend the last few months and it's always posted up.

Someone chooses volleyball over riding :dissapointed

This upcoming week I only work Mon and Tues, I plan on riding somewhere! If your around I'd love to try keeping up with you...I should just PM you my number.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What!? This is the only thing I've ever seen you post in a looooooooong time--I've been mounted up every weekend the last few months and it's always posted up.

Someone chooses volleyball over riding :dissapointed

This upcoming week I only work Mon and Tues, I plan on riding somewhere! If your around I'd love to try keeping up with you...I should just PM you my number.
lol, I'm just busting your balls. Some ppl haggle me when I'm going to post a ride. Then when I do... I get maybes...

But then I get more interest from another group that I recently joined.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
lol, I'm just busting your balls. Some ppl haggle me when I'm going to post a ride. Then when I do... I get maybes...

But then I get more interest from another group that I recently joined.
Yeah I know you are haha..I just really wanted to ride too though.

Did you used to work at the arcade in willowbrook years ago??

PM'ing you my #--pm me when you want to ride. Also theres a good local run from Lincoln Park to Wanaque Resevoir/Skyline Dr if you have to scratch that itch. Wetmoney found a local route about 45 min to an area--few nice twisties, pretty mild--good road conditions.

·
2,835 Posts
LOL... I thought you were staying up by Bear mtn? What time do you expect to by the Lukoil on rt 23 by Highpoint? You have my number, just text me updates and I'll do the same.

smh...
WE meet in the Bear mountain area but we never stay there.

How was the ride? Any details on the crash?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WE meet in the Bear mountain area but we never stay there.

How was the ride? Any details on the crash?
A beginner with 9 month exp, went down. Took a blind turn wide, Low sided, slid on his back, and bounced off an oncoming SUV. He was air lifted and is OK with 8 broken ribs.

Thank god the SUV did not run him over! Was a scary site watching it all happen in front of me.

Even more traumatic for the driver of the SUV.

·
2,835 Posts
Wow where did this happen on rt 23 or rt 97 or someplace else? 8 broken
ribs and a helicopter ride what a 1st season for this guy. It's gonna hurt
to sneeze or cough for this guy for awhile. Been there done that. Glad it
didn't turn out worse.

809 Posts
A beginner with 9 month exp, went down. Took a blind turn wide, Low sided, slid on his back, and bounced off an oncoming SUV. He was air lifted and is OK with 8 broken ribs.

Thank god the SUV did not run him over! Was a scary site watching it all happen in front of me.

Even more traumatic for the driver of the SUV.

Glad he is ok.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow where did this happen on rt 23 or rt 97 or someplace else? 8 broken
ribs and a helicopter ride what a 1st season for this guy. It's gonna hurt
to sneeze or cough for this guy for awhile. Been there done that. Glad it
didn't turn out worse.
Some where else. I wasn't leading at the time as we switch leads for the 2nd half to switch it up a bit from my normal routes.

Yup, been there done that too. He has the lung expander device to blow in to. Plus getting in and out of bed is going to be tough.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts