Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about sumps. I was wondering if anyone knew how many different sumps there are for pre SRAD gsx-r's? Also is it possible to swap them between years/capacities? I have a problem that my oil lines come out the bottom of the sump straight where my exhaust is and have seen pictures of sumps with the oil lines comming out the front.
Any help appreciated.

adrock.

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read in a post elsewhere in this forum that the 89 750 sump (oilpan) is slimmer, can i use this on my 1052 motor? If so do I need just the sump or the oil pickup as well?

adrock.

· Registered
870 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Adrock:
I read in a post elsewhere in this forum that the 89 750 sump (oilpan) is slimmer, can i use this on my 1052 motor? If so do I need just the sump or the oil pickup as well?

adrock.
<hr></blockquote>

i know that the 1127 oil pan will fit your 1052 along with the 1127 oil pick up but i'm not really sure about the 750 oil pan going over to the 1052...the way that the oil cooler lines are routed you will have to change the cooler along with the pan...i will let you know what i find out on that...

· Registered
870 Posts
if you are trying to gain ground clearance the 86/87 750 oil pan is the best choice and it will go with your 1052 oil cooler..the 89 750 pan will work too but you will have to use the 89 oil pick up and oil cooler that goes with that pan..let us know what you come up with or decide to use..

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not looking for ground clearance, i'm trying to get clearance for my exhaust (Hindle 4-2-1 SXR790ss, is listed for my motor but hits sump(oilpan)) I went to a wreckers today and looked at a variety of different oilpans, but they all looked about the same depth. One that looked promising was the oilpan of a 1200 bandit, it was very shallow on the exhaust side oil lines came out the front also. I am not worried about oil cooler or lines, as these are being replaced with custom ones to fit. There is limited space available on my Katana frame.

Appreciate any info.

adrock.

· Registered
870 Posts
if the oil pan from a bandit will give you the pipe clearance that you are looking for then get it..just make sure that you get the oil pick up that goes along with that oil pan...the bandit has the old 1127 motor on it and knowing suzuki they probably didn't change a thing about the motor nor the oil pan..if i remember correctly the 1127 oil pan sort of v down to the middle while the 1052 and the 750 pans are flat...the 86/87 750 pan has a recessed oil drain plug and that would give you even more clearance..have a look at the 86/87 750 pan next to the bandit and see what you think and let us know what you find out..

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Problem solved, and without changing sump. Turns out Hindle has the exhuast listed incorrectly for my bike, I swapped it at my dealer and all fits perfectly. Thanks for the input.

adrock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.