Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's going......when ya getting there.....where ya gonna pit?

I thing we are going to leave Thursday after work.....not sure if I'm doing the practice since it's $140
but I want to be there early on Friday to get my regular spot.

Since I pre registered I don't remember the exact races but I know I'm doing GTO & GTU and I think I'm doing MWGP, UNSB, MWSB and HWSB.

njracer

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
same spot as well. getting there late friday. i would appreciate it if you could save me the same spot i had last time bro. only doing two races on saturday which is 2, 6 (unsb, gto). staying for sunday practice though, then heading out.
UNSB is race #1 on Sunday big guy.....it's at 10:30am but it is on Sunday.

BTW - I'll save ya a spot.

njracer

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think he means UNSS.

NJ, don't forget its a FUSA weekend so the place is gonna be packed again. Are the Cicada's coming this year?
No more cicada's.....can't deal with that shit again.

Anywho, his races are on Sat....I was looking at the schedule from the last race weekend there.

How do I get a printout of my pre-reg if I did it on-line??

I hope I didn't use the old schedule when I did the pre-reg thing.

njracer <

Now that I think about it...I think I used the correct schedule which means I'm doing GTO & GTU on Sat and MWSS, HWSS on Sun.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
I do know that GTO and either UNGP or UNSS were on Saturday cuz I'm contemplating going down for the day with just the truck and doing those two.

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
unss = race 2 on sat.
gto= race 6 on sat.

right now the weather isnt looking good. if its gonna be shitty again i might not go. ill wait til friday to decide if im gonna cancel. but i am planning on going until then. im sure the weather will change by then. its only monday.

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts
unss = race 2 on sat.
gto= race 6 on sat.

right now the weather isnt looking good. if its gonna be shitty again i might not go. ill wait til friday to decide if im gonna cancel. but i am planning on going until then. im sure the weather will change by then. its only monday.
]

well there is the CCS weekend coming up in JUNE at VIR ...... yup yup...

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
unss = race 2 on sat.
gto= race 6 on sat.

]

well there is the CCS weekend coming up in JUNE at VIR ...... yup yup...
i'll be there for that one.

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK.....now I know when and what races I'm racing...

Sat: race 3-GTU, race 6-GTO

Sun: race 3-MWSS, 5-HWSS & 8-MWSB

That's prolly it......do not want to deal with holiday traffic on the way home on Monday so we'll be burning gas out of the track asap on Sunday.

njracer

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
i know, but not only am i the boss onsite, but im also the machine operator at the time. and the work cant get done without the operator. so if im not there the work doesnt get done right now. at least til we get this portion of the job finished.
My philosophy, and it has stood me in good stead, has always been that if I was so important at work that I couldn't take a little time off then I needed a BIG raise. Funny how they always managed to find a way for me to take off after our discussion on my intrinsic value.

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
well, my company needs me now. we havent won a job in over 3 years (we were given a job based on the work of the operations end, not administative end) and the company is in a tight spot. and funny that you mention it, but ive actually had to take a pretty drastic pay cut as well as the rest of the company. but its a good company, and as treated me well for over 9 years. so im gonna stick it out and do what i can, and count on them doing right by me around the holidays. ill keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Construction being what it is keep things in perspective. I worked for a national company once going from state to state building big box stores. The average Supt.would do 2 a year and the good ones would manage 3. Due to circumstances (close locations) I built 5 in one year (several going on simultaniously at locations within 50 miles of each other) and thought that would put me in good with the company. I was the best thing since sliced bread until the next year when I came in 2 days behind schedule. I would have been fired had I not quit
AND they fucked me out of 3 weeks vacation too.

I don't know about your company but in my experience they will use you and abuse you until they think it is financially viable to go with someone else and then they will throw you away faster than a set of bridgestone tires.
I now put forth some pretty tough demands when it comes to work, lots of $$, time off to go racing / sailing / vacation, bonuses on a regular basis (I once quit a job because my Christmas bonus was only $10k). I figure that I am making the company a lot of $$ or they would terminate me and if they won't pony up with an adequate compensation package then I'll go to work for one of our competitors and make them $$. You sound like you are doing a good job and making the company a lot of $$$, don't sell yourself short and let them take advantage of you.
Of course I can afford to be a hardass since my wife makes enough to pay all the bills and have a little left over to play with.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.