Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, what can I say, all you sallie ass mofo’s missed a great & safe weekend of racing. We got to the track about 4:20 on Friday (reg closed at 4) but the nice lady at registration took my registration so I would not have to get up at 7am to register.
Any who, we set up and said hello to laohu69.

Woke up Sat to the sound of rain and decided to sit the 1st practice out and mount rains to the extra rims. I had everything ready to go by 3rd call of the 2nd practice and tiptoed out onto the track. This is the 1st time in like 4+ years that I’ve ridden in the rain and I really don’t like it anymore. The Pirelli rains worked great but I was not going to put my bike on the ground if I could help it. About halfway thru the practice I see BMF in the kitty litter in T1 and then really take it easy.

The 3rd session was a bit better and I was getting comfortable on the rains but still was going very slow. There is something about tossing the bike down in practice that I don’t like so I’ll take it slow/safe and bring it back in one piece. (BMF take note)

GTU was my only race on Saturday (I thought it was going to rain all day) and I started near the back with 21 riders. Not much to say about the race, only did a best of a 1:25. I did have a good race with a few other racers but overall, it was just an average race with nothing really special to talk about.

Saturday night was BBQ night and laohu69 did not disappoint. He prepped the food and I grilled da shit up. I stuffed as much of that tasty bbq down into my belly as I could and I paid for it in the morning. By the time I had my first race I had made 3 visits to the crapper and still had more to dump.

So Sunday morning arrived and I had 3 races scheduled. 1st race was ULSB and I knew I was going to suck. All I wanted to do was beat BMF but that was not going to happen. I had a good start but I watched just about everybody walk me down the straight and was last or second to last going into T1. After that, I ended up having a good scrap with a few AM’s but that was it. Finished 9th and that was it....Race over.

2nd race was MWSB and there was a TON of racers in this race and I was starting from the 2nd wave. Green flag for the second wave and I’m off, I have a great scrap with 4 or 5 guys for the entire race and end up 23rd out of 33. Not too bad considering this was one of the biggest grids I’ve ever raced at Summit. Best time was only a 1:24 but sill 2sec off my times 2 weeks ago with WERA.

3rd and final race of the weekend was HWSB. Only 17 experts but also AM’s racing with us. OK start but I’m still almost last going into T1 (no balls). Everybody starts to check out and I’m now left to battle with the fast AM’s that are now on my ass. I end up having a great little scrap with one AM and end up turning my best time of the weekend which was a 23. Still a second off the WERA weekend but at least it was in the right direction.

So here are my excuses for this weekend:

My race against BMF…….he has a 1000 and he’s about 10 years younger and full of piss and vinegar. Nuff said.

Why couldn’t I match my times from the WERA weekend…..green track and much wind on Sunday after lunch break.

OTOH – It was great to meet laohu69 and BMF’s fiancé and hope to see them again at the next Summit race at the end of the month.

BTW – the new little NSR50 RIPS!!!

Nrjacer

Pics to follow after I go thru the 199 pics the gf took.

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good report., glad you had fun in the rain.,

on a cold green track., yukkkk
Funny thing is BMF never thanked me for shelling out the $380 for rain tires (used in two practice sessions) to keep the rain gods at bay.

Same thing happened the last time I bought rains (5yrs ago) at Pocono.....got them mounted and then the fuggin sun came out.

Anyway, too baad ya missed it.

njracer

BTW - You gonna pick me up so I don't have to drive down to VIR by myself?

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would but the bike would have to go in the back of the truck as the trailer only holds 3 !!
That might work for me.

I'm trying to get my friend from Long Island to go so I'll have a driving partner.

njracer

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
yup I bought rains last year, ran ONE race with them, only like 8 dudes even gridded up, and I haven't used them since...

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
sounds like a good weekend NJ wish I couldve come up but crap just goings on, sounds like that BBQ was awesome,

I do feel bad for you though having to go shit 3 times, at summit point that is like repeating torture!!

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Glad to hear you did well. I would have stuck around for your last 2 races but I had a hot tub calling my name. Thanks for helping with the BBQ too, I know I was supposed to do everything but I just didn't feel quite up to it.
I also forgot to say that it was good to meet all 4 of y'all (my senility setting in).

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do feel bad for you though having to go shit 3 times, at summit point that is like repeating torture!!
I took 4 shits on Sunday before I left the track.

Anywho, taking a shit at Summit is not bad if you know about the "secret" shitters...

·
Registered
4,361 Posts

Anywho, taking a shit at Summit is not bad if you know about the "secret" shitters...
So the water was turned on this time and you didn't have to sneak away?

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

So the water was turned on this time and you didn't have to sneak away?
you got that right!!!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Missed the BBQ but it was good to see you and your girl again...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts