Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bike flaps are stuck open right now so the bike will run but the flaps don’t move so when I try to give is ful throttle the bike will start to sputter so should I change the stva for now and that should fix my problem or change the whole throttle body???

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,536 Posts
Stuck open? Other than an FI warning/code, and a constant fast idle, you shouldn't have any issues. Does it stumble for just a moment and then take off, or sputter consistently at WOT?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so when I pull the throttle all the way back you hear it sputtering and not picking up the speed it should be when took of tank to look at it the flaps don’t move when I turn bike on so they not opening and closing like they should be

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the bike run it’s just I cant pull full throttle like it should be so idk if I should just change stva or the whole throttle body some ppl say if I just change stva I would mess up the bike or something like that

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stuck open? Other than an FI warning/code, and a constant fast idle, you shouldn't have any issues. Does it stumble for just a moment and then take off, or sputter consistently at WOT?
so when I pull the throttle all the way back you hear it sputtering and not picking up the speed it should be when took of tank to look at it the flaps don’t move when I turn bike on so they not opening and closing like they should be

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the bike run it’s just I cant pull full throttle like it should be so idk if I should just change stva or the whole throttle body some ppl say if I just change stva I would mess up the bike or something like that

·
Administrator
15,295 Posts
There is no need to repeat your posts. Give other people time to answer.

And if English is not your first language, no problem but if it is you need to be more clear. Proper grammar and punctuation help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is no need to repeat your posts. Give other people time to answer.

And if English is not your first language, no problem but if it is you need to be more clear. Proper grammar and punctuation help.
I didn’t mean to post more than once I forgot to tag him in the reply

·
13,536 Posts
The STVA stays open when you turn the key on. It's supposed to close a few seconds after you start the engine. During the first few moments it's controlling fast idle. When fast idle is no longer needed, it resumes it's normal function.

Do you have a light on the dash and FI showing where the temperature normally is displayed?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I’m getting code 28 I’m going to just change out the whole throttle body since I heard if you just changed out the stva you could Mes up the bike even more

·
13,536 Posts
Wrong. You can change just the STVA, but you have to make sure the STPS is installed correctly. In most cases, the best approach is to remove the STPS from the STVA, and install the STVA to the throttle body first. Then install and set the STPS according to the service manual.

Not sure what model you're working on. That info would help....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Definitely test your STVA and STPS before you throw any money at it.
I just got a full throttle body for 120 on Gsxr group that’s cheaper than get a stva and a stps if that doesn’t work I’ll check the stps next

·
13,536 Posts
Before you go to all the trouble to install it, just hold it up to the side of the bike and connect the STVA and STPS (still installed to the new throttle body!) and turn the key on. See if your code clears. Watch the behavior of the secondaries. On your bike, turn them manually to about half way open. This will let you fully test the new STVA/STPS against your harness and ECM without all the work of swapping them.

And FYI: NEVER NEVER NEVER power up an STVA without it being installed to a throttle body.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts