Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I recently purchased a K3 1000 during spring break. I’ve been slowly learning everything I need to know about these bikes. I’ve changed a bunch of stuff so far and I’m pretty proud of myself for my accomplishments for this being my first bike. Research and patience is the key. The bike has around 36.7k on the odometer. I’ve been researching heavily about the stv delete mod. I’m all about free mods before I get my actual tune in the bike. I wanna hear you guys thoughts on this. I could just pull the secondary butterflies or purchase a used throttle body kit which is already bored with the butterflies and rod removed.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,391 Posts
Sounds like you've already made up your mind to remove them. But a k3 1000 as your first bike and you're already wanting to mod it for more power? Leave the secondaries. Suzuki put them there for a reason.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a remake to Sunshine Anderson’s hit, cause I heard it all before. You’re right about one thing, I did already have my mind made up. My placebo effect was in full effect. Bike felt faster and more powerful, especially on the top end. Only issue I had, not sure if it was related to the butterfly delete, after I got fuel today, bike didn’t want to turn over. After multiple tries, I just hung onto the throttle and got her home. A liter bike as my first bike, yes, I want more power. I’m a quick learner and very responsible. Thanks for the comment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why wouldn’t it turn over? Battery weak?
battery should not be weak. A new battery was one of the first things I bought for the bike and I bought the bike March 15th. It stays on a battery tender also so charge should be very good. I’m attributing the no start to removing the secondary butterflies. I plan to put them back in tomorrow which I don’t really want to but if it’s the reason that the bike won’t start then I gotta put them back in to ride

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
You are toooooo cool for this site.
Get a jet bike, and stop waisting time, and money.
Nobody cares. Fuk off

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
What does anything even mean?
Not a fucking thing...right?.... Keep taking parts off of Your bike. See what other duuuuhmb shit you can discover?
;Wait

1 - 9 of 9 Posts