Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while I've been trying to track down the source of a rattle I've been hearing when I hit sharp bumps. I originally thought it was the guages but then I put some extra rubber around them and the noise is still there. It happens most often when I hit sharp bumps under braking, but I don't think the forks are bottoming as I've set my sag and run relatively heavy compression damping. I've checked things like mirrors, fairing stay etc but can't find anything loose. Anyone have an ideas before I just start removing things until something stops the rattling?

Matt

·
Registered
426 Posts
on my '87, I had a loom clip (wireing harness) kept tapping on the stay and drove me nutz! zipper tie was the fix, hope your is this easy!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a similar problem on my 87. I tightened all the bolts, and added extra rubber around the gages but still no luck. I finally pulled the entire gage assemble off and I found three lightbulbs had fallen inside the gage cluster. They must have been from the previous owner because all the lights worked and I had never changed one. Worth a shot anyway. Good luck.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions I'll check them out tonight and see if I can find anything.

Matt

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the exact same rattle on mine and it drives me crazy sometimes! Let me know if you find out what it is. I have checked everything I can think of. Sounds like the front end is falling off!

Aaron

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had an annoying rattle on my '92 1100. Which turned out to be a worn worm gear at the back of the speedo, the gear that the cable attaches to. Check if when the noise happens the speedo needle flickers or drops.
It really had me pulling my hair out , as it wasn't happening all the time, just when i hit bumps. It sounded like a worn pad squeeling on the front disc. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts