Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GSX-R1000R. Full yoshi exhaust, power commander, auto tuner, K&N race air filter.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new 2020 gsxr-1000r. Basically I'm just trying to learn a bit more about exactly how to use the quickshifter. I understand that there's two different modes for it and that it automatically is available above certain RPM's but I still don't quite understand exactly how to use it properly and I don't want to just wing it and fuck something up. Like if I want to upshift do I need to let off the throttle at all or should I be at a certain RPM range? For downshifting I'm assuming I need to be off the throttle. My last bike was an 09' 1000 and that didn't have all the extra options and the place I bought this new bike from was really small and this was their
first 1000R they had sold so they didn't really know much about that stuff. They just told me to read the manual.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I have a brand new 2020 gsxr-1000r. Basically I'm just trying to learn a bit more about exactly how to use the quickshifter. I understand that there's two different modes for it and that it automatically is available above certain RPM's but I still don't quite understand exactly how to use it properly and I don't want to just wing it and fuck something up. Like if I want to upshift do I need to let off the throttle at all or should I be at a certain RPM range? For downshifting I'm assuming I need to be off the throttle. My last bike was an 09' 1000 and that didn't have all the extra options and the place I bought this new bike from was really small and this was their View attachment 571224 first 1000R they had sold so they didn't really know much about that stuff. They just told me to read the manual.
Just hold the throttle open and shift away brother. No need to let off at all the QS does the ignition cut for you so it’s worry free.
You really don’t need to think much about it just ride like the bike is clutch less after you get rolling in first.

Congrats on that beautiful bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 GSX-R1000R. Full yoshi exhaust, power commander, auto tuner, K&N race air filter.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just hold the throttle open and shift away brother. No need to let off at all the QS does the ignition cut for you so it’s worry free.
You really don’t need to think much about it just ride like the bike is clutch less after you get rolling in first.

Congrats on that beautiful bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man

·
Registered
4 Posts
i also have a quickshifter question on my 2019gsxr 1000.can i change gear normally using the clutch even if the qs mode is on.i read in the manual that the qs icon blinks if the qs is used at 2000rpm or under or if the clutch is used..i would appreciate any comments as i don't want to damage anything.

·
Registered
27 Posts
[QUOTE = "wilde 34, publicación: 9586319, miembro: 509001"]
También tengo una pregunta de cambio rápido en mi 2019gsxr 1000. Puedo cambiar la marcha normalmente usando el embrague incluso si el modo qs está activado. Leí en el manual que el icono qs parpadea si el qs se usa a 2000 rpm o menos o si el embrague se utiliza ... agradecería cualquier comentario ya que no quiero dañar nada.
[/ CITAR]
Yes, dont have problem

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i also have a quickshifter question on my 2019gsxr 1000.can i change gear normally using the clutch even if the qs mode is on.i read in the manual that the qs icon blinks if the qs is used at 2000rpm or under or if the clutch is used..i would appreciate any comments as i don't want to damage anything.
Yes you can still use the clutch if you want to even if quickshift is enabled. I've been playing with it the past few days and I love the quickshifter. So glad I went with the R spec and not the base version of the 1000.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you read the manual? What does it say
I did read the manual and it basically said how it works but I'm just paranoid and wanted to hear it from someone that had experience actually using it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats on the bike , i saw on video on a shootout with the new superbikes - and GSXR 1000 R was placed first for its ease of use or racing , one of the main contributions was the quick shifter - seamless and works superb against some of the other bikes. On the track myself i am astound but its use - especially gearing down in tight corners - the limiters prevent any idiot syndromes and prevents rear wheel to get locked if it was changed down - magnificent machine indeed, i only use the clutch to pull off - else quick shift all other gears - have had no issues bike got 30 000 Km on now. I Ride my GSXR as if i Stole it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts