Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK stupid question. Changed oil, is the inspection window calibrated for bike level - or bike on kickstand?? I read the manual, which says about 3.5 us quarts for oil and filter, I'm at F bike level with 3.2.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Upright, window should be 1/2 full.

·
Registered
303 Posts
OK stupid question. Changed oil, is the inspection window calibrated for bike level - or bike on kickstand?? I read the manual, which says about 3.5 us quarts for oil and filter, I'm at F bike level with 3.2.
keep in mind....it might read a certain level...but make sure you turn on the bike in neutral on the stands. This will circulate the oil throughout the engine. Turn the bike off and look at the level again...it will be lower than what it originally read. They add the rest of the oil to get the proper level

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Did you change the filter too or just the oil?

·
Registered
28 Posts
As above and I'll add that it's a good idea to fill your oil filter about halfway before you screw it on the bike.

Unless you're like me......anything I screw is only about halfway full.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts