Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an 07gsxr 1000 and recently it was stolen the thief cut the ignition wires and layed it down and never got I started he layed it down by holding on to a car while they pulled him to get away well I got the bike back the next day and he couldn't get it started but I did as soon as I found it ..but every since it has been running like shit it won't go over 6 rpms and that is when it is in neutral when in gear 3rpms is max and 40 mph is max 2 times since it got taken it got up and ran but only for short periods I took it to dealership and had the codes cleared and it still did not fix it so it's not limp mode although I have been told that it is but not by mechanic he was stumped he said it's butterfly by exhaust and it is stuck open. And I don't know what to do help I'm tired of not being able to ride

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,751 Posts
"had the codes cleared"
That sounds like a realy bad idea if you or the dealer didn't first put it into dealer mode and make a note of any codes. What you're experiencing is much worse than limp-home mode. It sounds like the exhaust valve isn't opening. This can be checked visually during powerup. Do you have a service manual?

"the thief cut the ignition wires"
So what did you do about that?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts