Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ever stroked a 1216 (81mm) , or know someone who has? I'm curious as to the hp & torque gains and length of stroke used.

I'm thinking that a stroked 1216 would be able rev higher than a stroked 1340 (85mm) (due to lighter pistons) allowing me to stay in the hp range longer. (For dragracing)

Hmmm?

-Dave

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think you end up lowering your RPM ceiling because of the increased piston-speed that the extra throw creates... engine designers generally *decrease* stroke-length to get more RPMs out of an engine... and that's all great to discuss and everything... but where the heck are you gonna find a stroker crank for it? Wouldn't the people who make the longer-stroke crankshaft be able to answer all those questions?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FastCat-
You are correct about the longer stroke lowering you redline. All the racers that I know around here that have stroked 1340 kits and are shifting at around 2k rpm lower than me. I'm wondering whether the stroked 1216 could be spun higher than the stroked 1340.

As for availability, Falicon makes a billet crank and there are others that will do a weld up.

Because I haven't come across anyone local that stroked a 1216 and the engine builders that I deal with close around 6pm eastern till monday, I figured that someone who posts here may have some first hand experience or track time with a stroked 1216.

-Dave

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Falcion cranks cost an arm and leg

INMHO you would be better off buying a big block and carillo rods.
-Karl

·
Registered
978 Posts
jay how much $ do you guys charge for knife & 3mm stroke????

ps i have 1052 crank

[ 05-12-2002, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: GSXR1255JIMMY ]

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Simms and Rohm built a 85mm bore and a 5mm stroked motor that could redline at 11,800 and made over 200hp and 118ft lbs of torque. This engine in a 90 1100 chassis (modified of course) went 203mph and then was used as a daily rider by Richard Simms. The crank was a billet Falcon (2500.00) Ti rods (custom) and Wiseco pistons at 12.0:1 comp.
Bones

Oh yea after the 203mph run they took it to the dragstrip where it pulled a 9.44 at 157.4 mph on street tires and no Nitrous and no Blower.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts