Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whose got some good tips on streetfighter conversions? I'm wondering about handlebar conversions, any cable problems, maybe new headlight fairings, or whatever.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
My 88 7-11 has been in Streetfighter trim for about 3 years now. I used a spare upper tripple clamp and drilled it for ProTaper bar mounts. I used a Headlight/1/4 fairing from AirTech for a Buell (it uses 2 projector lights) for the first summer. Then I got a small fairing from Europe that has a small cateye type headlight in it. (The Buell one is for sale!) And now I am thinking about changing agian to 2 small projector lights off of the tripple clamp.
Bones

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought I replied to this already. Hey Bones, can you email me a pic of that fairing, or better yet, post one of it when it was on your bike? And KJ1, streetfighters-usa is local here, thanks. I'll be checking out streetfightersbydesign too. I'm still in the thinking about it / getting info & ideas phase, although this morning some jerk backed into my bike,wrecking some plastics, so now I'm thinking a little harder. It gets me thinking some more, I wonder how many streetfighters are planned rather than built because of wrecks.
Time for change.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I've thought of converting mine... but with the Hindle exhaust, there's just not that much weight savings to be gained by ditching the plastics alone... I mean, I like the streetfighter look, but I also like the fact that there aren't many old 1100's that are as in as good a shape/good-looking as mine is with the original paint/bodywork.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
yep, I want another oil cooled gixxer to leave stock looking, and have a decent motor, soething not as exreme as I am building now.
-Karl

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I don't have any pictures of mine mounted. I used some mounts from Lockhart Phillips (PN 400-12253) that fit my 93 forks. If you go to www.airtech-streamlining.com and then Buell S2 quarter fairing you can see the pics of it on a Buell. The top is not flat it has a bulge on one side that fits nicely over the GSXR's stagered tach almost like it was made for it.
Bones

1 - 8 of 8 Posts