Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this reminds me of the cayote always trying to catch the roadrunner......beep....beep

TOO BAD HE DIDN'T HAVE A GSXR

·
Registered
14,162 Posts
Well, the problem is that the heat from the rockets may melt the fearing...Not good since it will mess with yout aerodynamics. Not to metion that it will make you look silly

You can always weld some kinda support thing of a jiggy to the subframe so therockes will hang from the back...but be carefull of the back tire

·
Registered
263 Posts
If you are worried about the fairings melting, remember the #1 rule, less weight=more better. I think it will work fine, that dumb coyote was not riding a technically advanced machine and was not a highly skilled pilot such as ourselves. You are going to need some way to light them though, I would try and find a rocket scientist (should be hard there are probable a dozen on this forum) since he would know the proper lighting procedure. I'd do it myself but I am a brain surgeon and nuclear physicist but have no knowledge of rockets.

John

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
Problem with rockets is fuel regulation. If you mount duals and get the fuelling wrong on one side, you'll get a nice torquing on the bike and end up veering to one side.

I would stick to a single rocket that mounts in place of your rear-seat. You may have to find a new place for your ECU and turn signals, but otherwise, you reap the most benefits there.

You could try and mount lower, but your chance of spontaneous wheely goes up as your rocket approaches the vertical center of mass of your bike.

·
Registered
39 Posts
to further maintain stability you can put stabilizers, ailerons and what the hell put wings on it too...after that you can get a pilot licence so the FBI can investigate you for crop dusting with a bike.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Actually, I think the main problem is COST. Why pay thousands of dollars when you can buy a 10-pack of bottle rockets from united Fireworks Inc. for $2.75 USD? A little duct tape and a Zippo and you'll have all the rocket boosting you'll ever need!

-phreak

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Well what I did was get a bunch of CO2 pistol cartridges and tape them to the tail section and pop them with a hammer, not only do you get a good boost but you send a very cold blast to who ever is behind you
-Karl

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
You guys are over-simplifying the problem. Remember people this is rocket science.

I suggest you read the book "Ammonia Powered Propulsion Systems: Boost with Pee" by Prof. Jon T Flesh, before trying any of these techniques.

·
Registered
14,162 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by phreakintheroom:
Actually, I think the main problem is COST. Why pay thousands of dollars when you can buy a 10-pack of bottle rockets from united Fireworks Inc. for $2.75 USD? A little duct tape and a Zippo and you'll have all the rocket boosting you'll ever need!

-phreak
<hr></blockquote>

That is a good idea till the bottle rockets go BOOM!
THenk you have to push the bike back

Unless you got more in the trunk that is

·
Registered
141 Posts
i have done allot of rocket work, and i think putting some on a bike would be an easy thing to do. If running duel motors, it would be hard to get the boost correct for both unless you moved to liquid fuel (pain in the ass) so i would say 1 motor round 100 lbs of thrust for a very short time (mabey on 1/4 mile to get you up to your power band faster) would be a fun project. Micah

·
Registered
26,441 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by U Know U Luv It 2:
that is a definite mod, unbelievable power and handling is what you will get, here is a pic of 2 that I did with friends, absoutely awesome:

<hr></blockquote>

Can you help me do mine? Those are tight!

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
Just shove a humeroo up your arse... light... aim bike in propper direction...

now when you hear it whistle... FART

1 - 13 of 13 Posts