Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello 馃憢 I鈥檝e just got my gixxer 1000 k3 36000 on her love the bike to my question is every time I pull away fast in first gear that makes it kind of grinding bellow noise hard to explain really for some reason any body know what could be cheers guys

Administrator
Would help heaps if you had a rough idea where the sound was coming from ... could be a number of things

Registered
If there is any way you can record the sound (audio or video) and post a link here, that might help as well.
Are you feeling any vibration at the same time?

Registered
If there is any way you can record the sound (audio or video) and post a link here, that might help as well.
Are you feeling any vibration at the same time?

I know things... A lot of things.
This is just a guess, but it's likely the clutch. My K4 750 does it too whenever I try to launch with more than 4-5000 rpm, or something like that. It will make a grinding sound that's not continuous but has regular short pauses, as if the disks are engaged in some sort of stick-slip. The bike will also not launch.

It seems also to be a common problem with our clutches, as there are multiple reports here and some fixes, involving replacement of certain disks or other parts, the aim being to adjust the plate stack height, I believe. I have not found a convincing explanation of what's causing it, or why it seems to occur on certain machines only.

And again: although I find it likely that it's clutch-related, it's just a guess and I only mention it as a hint to aid further investigation. The previously given advice about the need to establish the source before making any assumptions holds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts