Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
firstly, this bike is pissing me off.

now, the bike starts (after i replaced the blown ignition fuse).

but, displays CHEC on the temp read-out.

rev counter's decided to go to sleep

but fuel light is not alight

can anybody help me ??

when turning on, pump spins up ok, but the fi light goes out immediately afterwards instead of waiting till the bike is started.

help, please.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
dont worry, dont panic.

it's me, i'm a fuckin twat.

after playing with it for ages, i went back out to either mend it or give it a good trashing with a big stick.

the green connector on RHS from the rpm sensor thing wasnt connected.

that was why !!

hate this bike

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Have you tried to put it in dealer mode? Sounds like the tach pickup is not working correct...

John

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by dan uk:
dont worry, dont panic.

it's me, i'm a fuckin twat.

after playing with it for ages, i went back out to either mend it or give it a good trashing with a big stick.

the green connector on RHS from the rpm sensor thing wasnt connected.

that was why !!

hate this bike
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Fine then I didnt want to help you anyway!!!!

John

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you check the wire to the temp sender? I think it's on the right side near the bottom of the engine. That might be the cause of the temp gage issue and could be part of the checks the system goes through for the FI light -- not sure. The only time I've had a tach not read is when I lost all power. Why did you have to replace the ignition fuse? Whatever shorted it originally may still be the problem.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fuckin spot on john !!

wish i'd have posted this earlier for you lot instead of shouting and swearing at the heap of crashed shite outside.

i tried the dealer mode but it didnt do anything.

did a few searches on here and it dont come on if the fi light is not lit apparently.

thanx anyway john

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well I am glad it is working for you..

John

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes you did john

now john, can you get a 2K gixxer cuz i want one and will eventually need some advise on it

so if you get one now, by the time i have one, you'll be clued up on those as well

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the response craig also, that was what i was gonna check next untill i noticed the connector.

no idea why the fuse blew though.

you know, this site is very good indeed.

the mrs only allows me 1hr a night after the chat room female incident (dont ask), and i spend that hour on here..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts