Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be hearing a faint noise on my K4 600 (4500miles on the clock). It happens at around 30 or 40 mph in 4th gear and when i roll on the throttle i hear a faint chuff chuff chuff,( dont get me wrong its not a loud rattle or anything like that its really quiet) It then goes away when the rpm increases. I tried 3rd gear and the sound wasn't there. I just wondered wether anyone elses has experienced this and if its normal and just me worrying about nothing, or if its something like the valve clearences! any help would be much appreciated, thanks for reading

-Tom

·
Registered
111 Posts
Actually I hear something similar to that on my bike but in a totally different rpm range, mine is at around 7000-8000 in 6th (70-80 mph). When I bring the rpms up or down it goes away. I usually cruise in that speed on the highway. I have no idea what it is and have gone through my bike......? Oh well I have come to accept it.

Phil

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm strange!, mine is fine higher up the rev range ( after 4500rpm). I have also been through everything checking for loose screws/bolts etc but found nothing. I think it must just be the sound the bike makes at that speed and RPM.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have the same problem when I'm over 5K RPM. I took my bike back to the dealer twice and they say they don't hear what I'm hearing. A buddy of mines suggesteed a valve adjustment. I was told inthe worse case it would cost me $240.00. I'm checking around to see if I can find a lower cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts