Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive owned a k7 before and never noticed this, on my k9 at idle there is a strange metal on metal knock. The oil was always changed and is fresh, still the sound. RPMS are fine and it doesn't seem to matter if the engine is warm or cold. Any ideas or have people had this problem before?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Motor is just noisy and some are just louder than others. My L1 racebike engine sounds like its coming apart at idle and its stock with 7k miles on it. Friend has the same bike and its a racebike too but much quieter sounding at idle than mine. I don't worry to much about it. Ear plugs drown out most of the noise.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I own an L1 and it is very noisy at idle. Kind of sounds like a diesel engine at idle. Haha. Done it since new. I now have 11k on it. So far so good. In the summer months I run a little heavier weight oil and is seems to quiet it a bit.
It really likes to be revving high. Then she really sings...LOL.

·
Registered
327 Posts
On my k9 and every gixxer I've owned the motor sounds like it's about to come apart at idle and low rpms and lots of odd noises but never a problem. They are smooth as silk once the rpms climb above 4k

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies. The bike goes in tomorrow for the recall on the master cylinder, I'm gonna get them to listen and see if they think its a problem. But yes they are smooth above idle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts